Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 Tdci Mpg

Mondeoman

Hi peeps, i'll start with an apology in case this has already been covered...So...Sorry :rolleyes: ......Any who, what sort of mpg's are you getting ? I think the novelty has worn off my car now, so imagine my horror when i can only get 39.6 mpg ( as shown on the computer ) and thats driving like the proverbial nun..Are trip computers to be trusted ? or should i use the brim to brim method ?..Cheers.....Bill..By the way it's an 06 2.2 tdci..running 18 inch wheels with low profiles. ( should the computer be calibrated for all wheel/tyre combinations ? )

Hi peeps, i'll start with an apology in case this has already been covered...So...Sorry :rolleyes: ......Any who, what sort of mpg's are you getting ? I think the novelty has worn off my car now, so imagine my horror when i can only get 39.6 mpg ( as shown on the computer ) and thats driving like the proverbial nun..Are trip computers to be trusted ? or should i use the brim to brim method ?..Cheers.....Bill..By the way it's an 06 2.2 tdci..running 18 inch wheels with low profiles. ( should the computer be calibrated for all wheel/tyre combinations ? )

If it makes you feel better, my V6 computer shows around 32mg cruise controlled at 75mph lol I have wondered how accurate the computers are myself.

Cheers!

do not trust the trip computer, try the brim to brim method and see what mpg you get ,the official figures are

Urban Fuel

33.6 mpg

Extra Urban

57.6 mpg

Combined

45.6 mpg

Thanks guys, i'll try the brim to brim method when i get paid.. :D