Do Not Sell My Personal Information

knocking on the divers side

Gary Cato

I have a new Puma ST Line Vignale and for a while knocking on the drivers side but Fords cannot find it  but have changed the drivers side suspension top and Kwik Fit cannot find it, has anyone had the same problem?

Regards

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Gary I have a June 22 PUMA Vignale and I also have an intermittent knocking on the drivers side. My local Ford dealer concedes there is a knock there but cannot find it and said they have had similar noises from other Pumas! They raised a case with Ford but Ford have no knowledge of any problems ! The knocking I get sounds almost hollow and occurs when there is a series of jarring bumps or corrugations in the road surface, is that similar to your issue?

Could it be something in the door cavity 

Or the expansion tank not secure had this on a fiesta st once also the under tray or protection  panels underneath something just touching as you go over a bump? 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jalfreziboy said:

Hi Gary

You have very little chance of a reply from the 'One Post Wonder'. He posted a question in September 2021 and has never been back.

• Haha 1

Hi HRF1T2020 yes have checked the expansion tank and secured it (it was loose) but still the same 😩

Have read a post, I think it was a Fiesta stline with an elusive knock that was eventually traced to the front fixing on the RH side skirt.

Any problems of this nature it's always worth trying to record the sound , not easy but can help the dealer narrow it down.

• 11 months later...

Hi

I’ve only just seen this article whilst searching online.

I have a Nov 22 Puma ST Line X and experienced a similar situation. The Ford dealer had my car for over a week, did several tests involving microphones and a Ford Engineer, eventually it was pinpointed to be the engine top mount. By a  series of component changes it was discovered that it had been redesigned a couple of years ago and the same noise could be heard on other Pumas. On trying a previous design mount (which fits perfectly) it killed the noise!

So I am trying to persuade Ford to fit a previous design mount.

Hope this helps!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club