Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga diesel 2L 2014 auto.

Oldietel

Have started to get slight vibrations when accelerating. Garage cannot find any faults on management system. Any suggestions as to cause please.

Is it all wheel drive (AWD)? There is some issues with the transfer box.

1. The bolts and casing snaps causing noises, vibration and loss of drive (in extreme cases)

2. The driveshaft that sits in the offside of the transfer box isn't aligned correctly and slowly destroys the inside of the box. If they take some oil out and put it in a clear container is the oil contaminated or has metal in it? If so it needs a new transfer box

Just jumping in on this thread, my daughters Kuga AWD - 2010 yesterday came up with warning 'AWD Malfunction'. I've just checked it today and have DTC P1889.

Seems to inducate Haldex oil pump, low pressure. The question is how big/bad of a job is it to replace the Haldex pump and filter ?

Thanks for the help but it is not AWD but will take on board the advice and get things checked out again. 

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Ford's to check if there have been any upgrades to the engine management system since manufacture?

On 9/11/2021 at 9:00 PM, unofix said:

Just jumping in on this thread, my daughters Kuga AWD - 2010 yesterday came up with warning 'AWD Malfunction'. I've just checked it today and have DTC P1889.

Seems to inducate Haldex oil pump, low pressure. The question is how big/bad of a job is it to replace the Haldex pump and filter ?

Not too bad if I remember correctly, all unbolts pretty easily 👍

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club