Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk 2 ford focus lambda sensor removal

warbee

can anyone help me on ideas on how to remove the lambda sensor im at a loss on what to try any help be much appreciated 

13 hours ago, warbee said:

can anyone help me on ideas on how to remove the lambda sensor im at a loss on what to try any help be much appreciated 

Soak it with WD40 

Put straw end on the can and spray loads, then wait 20 minutes to allow it penetrate; there's specific wrench socket heads for removing which have a side cut out to allow space for the cable to exit, 

But you could just use a spanner.

• Like 1

As len says you can always just use a good old fashioned open ended spanner, or get yourself an old ring spanner and use a angle grinder to cut a small slot through the ring then you can pass the cable through the spanner. Lots of WD40 applied and maybe wait a day to give it a chance to penetrate, also it often helps to try and tighten it first before you then loosen it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, unofix said:

As len says you can always just use a good old fashioned open ended spanner, or get yourself an old ring spanner and use a angle grinder to cut a small slot through the ring then you can pass the cable through the spanner. Lots of WD40 applied and maybe wait a day to give it a chance to penetrate, also it often helps to try and tighten it first before you then loosen it.

can also use the head of another spanner; slotted through the spanner which is secured on to the lamda sensor, to create a sort of 90 degree L shaped conjoining which will give you more leverage. 

righty tightey, lefty loosey 

Why cut the ring spanner to pass cable through. If sensor being changed as it’s no good (if you are sure of that) then nothing to lose by cutting wires off and putting intact ring spanner or socket on it.  Are the plug connectors bigger than the spanner size?, if not, unplug the connector and thread it through the ring of the spanner

17 minutes ago, isetta said:

Why cut the ring spanner to pass cable through. If sensor being changed as it’s no good

True, and how do you fit the new sensor ? cut the plug off that and then join it back together ?

10 hours ago, isetta said:

Are the plug connectors bigger than the spanner size?, if not, unplug the connector and thread it through the ring of the spanner

Yes...but I have no idea why.  Lambda's use a wide flat 4 plug...if they used a square 2x2 plug I'm sure that would fit through the ring.  :unsure: 

• Like 1

For any stubborn/rusted bolts/nuts I found PlusGas to be better than WD40, I didn't need to leave the rusty bits overnight either.

WD40 is cack, if you have some use some ATF. When it comes to the actual removal do it while the system is hot, Use a well fitting spanner and bop it with a hammer to shock the sensor loose.

“True, and how do you fit the new sensor ? cut the plug off that and then join it back together?”     I was thinking this: old one potentially very tight so open ended spanner not a wise choice, but open ended spanner probably fine for doing up the new one.

2 hours ago, Hearsepilot said:

Using the proper tool solves the issue

Getting the Ford main dealers service department to do the job 'totally' solves the issue, but then not everyone can afford to use them, or for that matter buy a special tool to use only once.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 6:59 PM, unofix said:

Getting the Ford main dealers service department to do the job 'totally' solves the issue, but then not everyone can afford to use them, or for that matter buy a special tool to use only once.

In that case start the jobs with what incorrect tools you have and keep the phone number for a tow truck on hand to get it to a mechanics to tidy up the resulting mess.

• Haha 1

thanks everyone for all your input be it usefull or sarcastic still input so cheers , any of you guys had any problems with p2303 error code ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 6:59 PM, unofix said:

Dont bother starting the job if you can't do it properly, it will end up costing more.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club