Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service parts mk3.5, 1.5tdci estate, 65plate

Wheelyb
聽Share

6th year service due yesterday but I鈥檝e decided to do it myself. 聽Having just changed the front disks and pads, I feel confident and on a roll 馃槅.聽
I鈥檝e gone for Bosch oil, air,聽fuel and pollen filter. Cheaper than Mann or Fram. Also gone for the Triple QX oil,聽0w 30, fully synthetic with Fords recommended number on it. 聽All for 拢92 from euro car parts. Should鈥檝e been 拢168 but 45%off. 聽

how long do glow plugs last? Or what mileage recommend changing?聽
also I鈥檝e discovered a leaking n/s shock absorber while doing the brakes, do they need changing in pairs?
Anyone got recommendations for a replacement?聽

6 hours ago, Wheelyb said:

All for 拢92 from euro car parts. Should鈥檝e been 拢168 but 45%off

Lmao don't believe the eurocarparts discounts. They increase their prices by 50% then give you a 50% discount code every week to make it seem like you're getting a bargain. Everyone in the trade sees through it as they know the value of things, however it fools newbies as they don't know how much to pay for parts.

• Like 1

I don鈥檛 know how long glow plugs last but if the car starts fine then leave it. They also sometimes snap when undoing them. Best left alone if all working properly. 聽 Shocks: I have replaced not in pairs but some people don鈥檛 think that should be done. If the damping rate varies greatly between each side I suppose it could be dodgy.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have the part number for the front shocks on my zetec S estate? 聽Or where I can search online. 聽I can鈥檛 seem to see it without taking the shock off first

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club