Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake grinding noise on turning

drezito

Hello,

My 2019 Fiesta ST-Line MK8 started developing a grinding noise when braking. The noise is only audible when at the same time I'm turning the whell. Basically any turn I have to do braking or parking manoeuvres are annoying because of the noise. Braking harder makes it go away.

I went to Ford dealership and went on the road with the chief mechanic to show him the noise (otherwise they would't hear it).

Basically he said that he knew what the problem was and that it was my fault because I use "very aggressive wheel cleaners that dry out the brake pads". I have been using the same products on 2 other cars (not Ford) for years and no braking noises.

They lubricated the brake pads and the noise disappeared, however they warned me that the next time I showed up there with the same noise the warranty would not cover.

Unfortunately, after less than 1 month and less than 400 miles, the noise is back.
Is there anyone reporting the same situation?

1 hour ago, drezito said:

because I use "very aggressive wheel cleaners that dry out the brake pads"

Just out of interest what wheel cleaner do you use? I've never heard of any reputable brand causing this issue.

BTW it's not the brake pads themselves drying out, it's the grease they use on the "ears" and the back of the pads that he is referring to.

19 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Just out of interest what wheel cleaner do you use? I've never heard of any reputable brand causing this issue.

BTW it's not the brake pads themselves drying out, it's the grease they use on the "ears" and the back of the pads that he is referring to.

I do not use any specific product. Sometimes I apply a proper one for rims that is pink, when the rims are dirtier. I can't remember the name.
But most of the time I wash the car in automatic stations where I don't apply that product and the only foam that reaches the rims is from the station's washing detergent.
I've never heard of it either, and this time that the noise came back I haven't washed the car yet since I left Ford! Which doesn't justify the argument given by them.

49 minutes ago, drezito said:

But most of the time I wash the car in automatic stations where I don't apply that product and the only foam that reaches the rims is from the station's washing detergent.

You deserve grinding brakes for punishing your car like this :sick:. I can only imagine the amount of polish you require.

3 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

You deserve grinding brakes for punishing your car like this :sick:. I can only imagine the amount of polish you require.

Water jets only, no sponges or rollovers rubbing against the car

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club