Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 2011

GrimmerUK

Hi everyone I'm looking to change my car from a Honda Civic to a Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI 2011 Titanium X just cos I'm bored, and I've had many fords in my time but this has a lot of miles on the clock should I be warry of this or are the built a bit better for mileage nowadays. Its done 150000...... also does this have a timing belt or chain ? Or should i go for a bigger engine in petrol or diesel?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108186382362

Judging by the high mileage and only 2 previous owners, I'm guessing that's an ex-company car that has been put through the auctions and bought by a independent dealer. 

You can't really tell the condition by looking a lot a few glossy pictures on the Internet, you'll have to go test drive it.

1 hour ago, GrimmerUK said:

should i go for a bigger engine in petrol or diesel

It depends what sort of mileage you do. A diesel is no good for pottering about town in stop/start traffic. They're meant for steady motorway driving, otherwise you'll just clog up the DPF in no time. 

• Like 1

It has a timing belt. I think Ford say 10yrs/ 125k miles but not 100% sure. Comparatively easy one to replace.

• Like 1

I do a lot of motorway driving as my girlfriend lives 60 miles away and go down there once in the week and at the weekend.

So the question im asking for that price etc should i leave it or go for it 

I will ask about a service history obviously but really want this car well the titanium X or maybe even the Mondeo titanium X 

I wouldn't be buying an early Mk3 out of boredom...  The engine will probably be fine (bar the injectors) but the rest of the cars were built poorly.  I'd expect the boot to be wet, the AC not working and a few electrical faults at the least...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club