Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No spare wheel or tyre inflation kit with dealer purchased 2019 Ford Fiesta Active

GlenP

I’ve just purchased (on 05/09/21) a Ford Fiesta 2019 Active from a Ford Dealer and I’ve just realised it has no spare wheel, no space saver wheel, no tyre inflation kit (also no compressor) and tyres are not run flat.

I know this is a used car, but is it acceptable for a Ford Dealer to sell a used car with no means of getting a car going again after a flat tyre? The dealer in question is about 130 miles away, so it’s a bit of a long way to head back there, and I realise this was something I should have picked up on when I purchased the car.

I’ve been in contact with the dealer and left several messages for the salesman in question, all so far without any response.

Morning Glen,

I'd have thought the short answer is, no it's not acceptable - the car should come with a tyre inflation kit as standard unless the first owner specified the spare wheel option. The dealer needs to remedy this but what a bind that it's such a distance away...and their service doesn't sound too good either.

• Like 1

No Fiesta comes with a spare these days, a mini spare wheel is a cost option on most models.

Standard equipment (for what its worth) is a tyre inflation kit, so that should have been in the car when you bought it so you're right to pursue it with the dealer.

You may want to look at sourcing a spare wheel anyway, many members have and there are several threads on the subject.

• Like 1

I bought my 2019 fiesta active brand new from main Ford dealer 2yrs ago and it came with a spare. 

I didn't request a spare or given the option to purchase one, it was just there in the boot. 

Perhaps checking the boot before buying/viewing the car would have saved you the problem. eBay is your friend for a spare now. 

Many thanks for the replies.

The salesman has just got back to me (think he’d been off a couple of days). He apologised for delay in getting back to me and said car should have come with an inflation kit, he said if I pop into their nearest dealers to me, I can pick up an inflation kit, which all sounds good. Downside is, nearest dealers is 1 ½ hrs drive away (3 hours round trip). So think I might just buy a £10 can of Holts Tyreweld from Halfords for time being, then see about getting a spare wheel.

Thanks again for the advice.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152451657783?fits=Model%3AFiesta&hash=item237ed3b037:g:4MAAAOSwrhhaHHhH

Nothing worse than being stranded in the middle of nowhere without a spare on a cold winters night and find there is a hole in the sidewall of a tyre that a inflation kit will be rendered useless. 

Even a breakdown truck won't help except to lift the car and take it somewhere. Do yourself a favour and get a spare. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't even consider having one of the latex tyre inflation kits in my car.   If you get more than a pinprick in a tyre they are useless.   You can pick up a spare on eBay for peanuts.

• Like 1

Yep. Getting the correct jack and foam insert and correct hold down fitting is not so easy it seems. Remember those.

My 67 plate Titanium Ecoboost came with a spare steel wheel, it's a shame that some come with a spare & some don't, it should be industry standard having a spare or even a space saver, just having something to get you to a garage or just carry on your journey is good 'piece of mind', I'm glad that you got resolve from your dealer, but also gutted on the other hand that they're so far away, but hey look at it in another way, a 3hr road trip will save you a lot of grief in the long run. 

JB

On 9/15/2021 at 10:04 AM, GlenP said:

I’ve just purchased (on 05/09/21) a Ford Fiesta 2019 Active from a Ford Dealer and I’ve just realised it has no spare wheel, no space saver wheel, no tyre inflation kit (also no compressor) and tyres are not run flat.

I know this is a used car, but is it acceptable for a Ford Dealer to sell a used car with no means of getting a car going again after a flat tyre? The dealer in question is about 130 miles away, so it’s a bit of a long way to head back there, and I realise this was something I should have picked up on when I purchased the car.

I’ve been in contact with the dealer and left several messages for the salesman in question, all so far without any response.

The sales reps often work odd days or hours or may even be on holiday.

You should have an inflation kit as a minimum that should have been supplied with your car. They will surely supply you one when they realise you have not got one with your new car.

On 9/15/2021 at 11:49 AM, GlenP said:

Many thanks for the replies.

The salesman has just got back to me (think he’d been off a couple of days). He apologised for delay in getting back to me and said car should have come with an inflation kit, he said if I pop into their nearest dealers to me, I can pick up an inflation kit, which all sounds good. Downside is, nearest dealers is 1 ½ hrs drive away (3 hours round trip). So think I might just buy a £10 can of Holts Tyreweld from Halfords for time being, then see about getting a spare wheel.

Thanks again for the advice.

Sorry, just noticed your reply.

Explain to the dealer it is a long trip to collect the inflation kit. They could possibly send it to you via courier. 

If they ask you to collect it, make sure you request they give you a tank of fuel for the inconvenience as after all it wasn't your fault.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club