Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What MK is my fiesta?

DHAMMSHAM

I want to get side skirts, front splitter and lowering springs for my fiesta but im new to all this car stuff as its my first car and cant figure out what MK it is, its a 1.0 liter petrol titanium ecoboost. 

Thank you in advance!

fiesta1 (3).jpg

fiesta2 (3).jpg

• Like 1

Mark 7 facelift so usually referred to as Mk 7.5 in the UK

Don't rely on that when ordering parts though, UK is out of line with most of the rest of the world which probably regards that as a Mk 6. Always quote your exact year and model and VIN number if necessary.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Mark 7 facelift so usually referred to as Mk 7.5 in the UK

Don't rely on that when ordering parts though, UK is out of line with most of the rest of the world which probably regards that as a Mk 6. Always quote your exact year and model and VIN number if necessary.

So does that mean mk7/7.5 for body parts and mk6 for everything else

7 minutes ago, DHAMMSHAM said:

So does that mean mk7/7.5 for body parts and mk6 for everything else

No. Most countries refer to what we call a Mk 7 as a Mk 6 (the whole car). What we call a Mk 6 they normally refer to as a Mk 5. 

Originally the whole world was in step up to the Mk 4. When that car was very extensively facelifted the UK referred to it as a Mk 5, everywhere else carried on calling it a Mk 4 facelift. So when the Mk 5 came out in 2002 the UK called it a Mk 6, and the same when the Mk 6 came out in 2008, the UK called it the Mk 7. Likewise when the latest generation arrived in 2017 it was the Mk 8 in the UK, but Mk 7 to most of the rest of the world.

All very confusing, which is why it's best not to rely on that when ordering parts, although people use it when chatting on forums like this. Whoever decided to call the Mk 4 facelift a Mk 5 has a lot to answer for imo, it's caused confusion ever since!😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

No. Most countries refer to what we call a Mk 7 as a Mk 6 (the whole car). What we call a Mk 6 they normally refer to as a Mk 5. 

Originally the whole world was in step up to the Mk 4. When that car was very extensively facelifted the UK referred to it as a Mk 5, everywhere else carried on calling it a Mk 4 facelift. So when the Mk 5 came out in 2002 the UK called it a Mk 6, and the same when the Mk 6 came out in 2008, the UK called it the Mk 7. Likewise when the latest generation arrived in 2017 it was the Mk 8 in the UK, but Mk 7 to most of the rest of the world.

All very confusing, which is why it's best not to rely on that when ordering parts, although people use it when chatting on forums like this. Whoever decided to call the Mk 4 facelift a Mk 5 has a lot to answer for imo, it's caused confusion ever since!😀

Yeah it all is very confusing going in blind with me but i understand it now i think lol, thank you!!

18 hours ago, DHAMMSHAM said:

Yeah it all is very confusing going in blind with me but i understand it now i think lol, thank you!!

Lol it certainly is. Things were a lot simpler when I bought my first (what is now known as a Mk 1) Fiesta back in 1980!.😀

On 9/15/2021 at 6:04 PM, DHAMMSHAM said:

I want to get side skirts, front splitter and lowering springs for my fiesta but im new to all this car stuff as its my first car and cant figure out what MK it is, its a 1.0 liter petrol titanium ecoboost. 

Thank you in advance!

fiesta1 (3).jpg

fiesta2 (3).jpg

Hi, it’s the MK7.5 I have a mk7.5 and have no issues ordering parts using MK7.5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club