Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Bosch wipers for MK 7.5?

Risco

I get different suggestions depending on website. Halfords say AM246S. Euro car parts say AP16U. 

but if I go to eBay or amazon they says AM246S is not compatible. So what ones should I get that are same length as OEM?

9 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Got good service on Bosch blades from https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/ delivered in 2 days. Easy to find recommended blades on their site.

50% more than eBay (clickcarparts) for the Bosch blades on mine. :unsure:  Though as I only ordered yesterday, can't comment on delivery yet.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

50% more than Ebay (clickcarparts) for the Bosch blades on mine. :unsure:  Though as I only ordered yesterday, can't comment on delivery yet.

I looked at those. They don’t appear to be Bosch ( although same number )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PREMIUM-AERO-PAIR-Front-Wiper-Blades-650mm-400mm-26-16-OE-spec-A144S-/312856846555?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

12 minutes ago, Risco said:

Yeah, that's weird.  On the listing for mine it definitely suggests they're Bosch ones! A980S BOSCH AEROTWIN PAIR Front Wiper Blades 600mm/475mm 24"/19" OE spec 3165144053064 | eBay

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, that's weird.  On the listing for mine it definitely suggests they're Bosch ones! A980S BOSCH AEROTWIN PAIR Front Wiper Blades 600mm/475mm 24"/19" OE spec 3165144053064 | eBay

Those are bigger than the stock ones which won’t fit mine. You must have a different model?

I messaged to be sure and the ones I linked are budget ones.

I ended up ordering these for £18.95 shipped which is the ones that Bosch say are OEM fitting.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-AeroTwin-Flat-Car-Windscreen-Window-Wiper-650-400mm-A144S-Quality-Blades-/154166817782?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

20 minutes ago, Risco said:

Those are bigger than the stock ones which won’t fit mine. You must have a different model?

I messaged to be sure and the ones I linked are budget ones.

I ended up ordering these for £18.95 shipped which is the ones that Bosch say are OEM fitting.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-AeroTwin-Flat-Car-Windscreen-Window-Wiper-650-400mm-A144S-Quality-Blades-/154166817782?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Yes, I have a Golf, which is why I said 'for mine' lol.  I wonder why CCC don't stock the Bosch's for yours though, it's not like they're a small company!

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

50% more than Ebay (clickcarparts) for the Bosch blades on mine. :unsure:  Though as I only ordered yesterday, can't comment on delivery yet.

Actually it's ages since I'd bought any as I normally change the car before the blades wear out, but I still can't find anything I want to buy as you know!😀

Like the OP on this thread, I was baffled by the conflicting recommendations on various sites and found https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/ very easy to follow in that respect, plus other members had recommended their good service. Price was pretty much in line with others for my car at the time of ordering iirc and I bought a set for my Mrs's car shortly afterwards which were also the  correct set and promptly delivered. Normally I'd just have got a set locally (so you can run out and compare with the old ones and swap if wrong!) but it was during one of the lockdowns. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Actually it's ages since I'd bought any as I normally change the car before the blades wear out, but I still can't find anything I want to buy as you know!😀

Like the OP on this thread, I was baffled by the conflicting recommendations on various sites and found https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/ very easy to follow in that respect, plus other members had recommended their good service. Price was pretty much in line with others for my car at the time of ordering iirc and I bought a set for my Mrs's car shortly afterwards which were also the  correct set and promptly delivered. Normally I'd just have got a set locally (so you can run out and compare with the old ones and swap if wrong!) but it was during one of the lockdowns. 

I try not to own cars long enough to need to change the blades...  Annoying this time as the NS is juddering and MOT is coming up...  Thought I'd better splash out on a new pair.

Last pair I bought were genuine VW ones from a private seller on eBay...bought in error and unwanted...cost me a fiver including postage!!  Shame they've only lasted 3 years. :biggrin:  Can't find any for less than about £30 so thought I'd give the Aerotwins a go again.  Went off them a few years ago as quality declined but will see if these are any better.

• Like 1

I was going to change from Bosch as they only seem to last a year, and that's with a super clean windscreen.  Think when I last had a google ford ones were £40 a set ??

I'm dissapointed with my Bosch aero twin blades , the larger of the two has juddered from new 

on one end !!! the next time that i need to replace wipers will go back to ford !!

2 hours ago, Steveostit14 said:

I'm dissapointed with my bosch aero twin blades , the larger of the two has juddered from new 

on one end !!! the next time that i need to replace wipers will go back to ford !!

Is it possible that the juddering is caused by the wiper arm?

Hi bob, cleaned glass, improved judder, only changed wipers because of age,

existing ford wipers were still serviseable and never had any judder problems,

thinks its wipers at fault not arm, if gets irritating could put old ford ones back on.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:20 AM, TomsFocus said:

Arrived in under 48 hours as well as being nearly 20% cheaper than the next cheapest retailer.  Genuine Bosch and correct part.  Would recommend for anyone without a Fiesta! :laugh:

• Like 1

Just rang my local ford parts dept. Set of Ford front wipers £31.94.  Set of Bosch aero twin online £21.84 . . .. 

30 minutes ago, Doylie said:

Just rang my local ford parts dept. Set of Ford front wipers £31.94.  Set of Bosch aero twin online £21.84 . . .. 

Genuine ford wipers from vospers £24.95 including delivery, is one ive just found.

30 minutes ago, Steveostit14 said:

Genuine ford wipers from vospers £24.95 including delivery, is one ive just found.

Nice one, I'll give them a try

Mk7.5 mine has original wipers on for 6 years. 26 inch and 16 inch.  Bought replacements in Tesco this week, £3.50 each. Not fitted them yet, perhaps they will be rubbish. I had actually first gone to wilko where they are 4.50 each but run out of both sizes. A couple of days later I was in Asda where 26 inch is £5 and 16 inch is £3. Over the years I have had mixed results with wipers and it does not always correlate with price paid. If I remember I will give a review of my Tesco wipers when fitted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club