Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade ability on ST-2

Shaunhastie

Hi all, 

I'm getting my ST-2 with performance pack (picture enclosed) next week and i'm wondering, for example if i didn't have power folding mirrors is it possible to upgrade the mirrors to get them (replacing the unit) and activating with forscan or would it be like the 2011 Zetec and change the fusebox?

Also with the picture below what difference would my ST-2 be compared to like a ST-3, a.k.a what would i miss out?

Thanks Shaun

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

PL-Fiesta (1).pdf 4.36 MB · 4 downloads  

Looks to be as well specced car. Link to  Price List attached from mid-2019 should help you compare.

Thanks bud, I'm fairly looking forward going from a 1.2 fiesta to a ST.

What I was meaning was the difference between this ST and the ST-3?

10.PNG

14 minutes ago, Shaunhastie said:

What I was meaning was the difference between this ST and the ST-3?

If you go through the specs in the price list you can see what the ST3 has and compare it with your ST-2. Stuff like leather seats, heated seats and wheel, keyless entry, powerfold mirrors as you mention.

47 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

If you go through the specs in the price list you can see what the ST3 has and compare it with your ST-2. Stuff like leather seats, heated seats and wheel, keyless entry, powerfold mirrors as you mention.

So what would be the chances to buy and install and program in the st-3 features

Some of the guys on here will be far better placed than me to comment in detail. I seem to remember a thread on fitting powerfold to the previous model (Mk 7.5) and I think that was £200+ for parts plus reprogramming (and labour if not doing it yourself).

However, being realistic, the cost and work involved in adding some of the features like keyless entry, automatic climate, leather seats, heated wheel and so on, is going to far outweigh what it would cost to buy an ST-3 in the first place.  

Just a thought. Unless you've been able to go through the specs with a fine tooth comb, presume you don't know exactly what your ST-2 has? My local dealer keeps getting ST-2s from Ford Direct which are described as "mega-spec" and have every factory option that can be fitted to an ST-2, stuff like special paint, performance pack, 18's, powerfold and keyless entry, for example. Obviously they still don't have full leather or auto climate  as they're not factory options on the ST-2. Could be yours is similar.

If your all ready thinking of adding stuff/ upgrading why didn’t you  just go for the st3 ?

2 hours ago, Kenny_stline said:

If your all ready thinking of adding stuff/ upgrading why didn’t you  just go for the st3 ?

I'm not just a general thought

• Like 1

Will be expensive and time consuming to install such as the heated leather seats, climate control, folding mirrors and keyless entry for example without anything else...

As has been said above, if you want the added spec options it will be cheaper and more practical just to find an St3 that is up specced for not a massively great deal more money than the price of the St2.

Made this mistake many years ago, wishing I had sourced a better spec car than I bought. Will never make the same mistake as I was always wanting to try and add the extras as a modification.... didn't keep it long and upgraded. Costly mistake. 🤣

12 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Will be expensive and time consuming to install such as the heated leather seats, climate control, folding mirrors and keyless entry for example without anything else...

As has been said above, if you want the added spec options it will be cheaper and more practical just to find an St3 that is up specced for not a massively great deal more money than the price of the St2.

Made this mistake many years ago, wishing I had sourced a better spec car than I bought. Will never make the same mistake as I was always wanting to try and add the extras as a modification.... didn't keep it long and upgraded. Costly mistake. 🤣

It would mainly be Powerfold mirrors i would want.

35 minutes ago, Shaunhastie said:

Do you know for sure the car you're getting doesn't have them? This "mega spec" one at a local dealer one does:

https://www.lawtonsoftadcaster.co.uk/used-car-details/used-ford-fiesta-15-ecoboost-st-2-perf-pack-me-hatchback-silver-fox-manual-petrol/id-35690746003/

If yours doesn't, we can look forward to your thread on "Fitting Powerfold Mirrors to Mk 8 Fiesta ST"! 😀

49 minutes ago, Shaunhastie said:

Anything is possible. You would need a pair of working mirrors, guess there are different types as ours have the Blis indicator in the mirror glass so make sure they are standard mirrors. The loom in the doors would have to have all the correct pins on the connector to the mirror, door switch also for manual unfold/fold then programming using Forscan to enable them. 

Probably missed some other details and would have no idea of the cost in all honesty, especially if the wiring loom needs replacing, not to mention cost of mirrors, cables for forscan etc.

It is possible as I say but how much do you have to pay? How much do you want to pull your new car apart?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club