Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam Belt

jamboken77

Hello,

How much should I expect to pay for a new cam belt fitted for a Focus 01 1.8 LX?

I've been quoted £269 but this seems excessive. It has 100k miles on it hence the new cam belt.

I'm in the Nottingham area so if anyone can recommend somewhere to go to get the work done then that would be great.

Cheers

Hello,

How much should I expect to pay for a new cam belt fitted for a Focus 01 1.8 LX?

I've been quoted £269 but this seems excessive. It has 100k miles on it hence the new cam belt.

I'm in the Nottingham area so if anyone can recommend somewhere to go to get the work done then that would be great.

Cheers

well i was qouted 220 inc vat and parts for a timing belt and tensioner replacement as well as the fan belt thats from my local ford dealer

well i was qouted 220 inc vat and parts for a timing belt and tensioner replacement as well as the fan belt thats from my local ford dealer

Wow that's good! I've now been quoted £160 from another garage, which almost seems too cheap..... hmmm. Thanks for your reply.

Wow that's good! I've now been quoted £160 from another garage, which almost seems too cheap..... hmmm. Thanks for your reply.

i've just paid £200 for mine

hi seems abit pricey to me i've just paid £200

hi seems abit pricey to me i've just paid £200

I'm not really up on all the lingo, so what does it mean when they say 'do you want the timing kit with that', is it necessary and should it add a lot more to the price.

All confusing and my car is on 100k and I'm sweating on it not destroying my engine.

I'm not really up on all the lingo, so what does it mean when they say 'do you want the timing kit with that', is it necessary and should it add a lot more to the price.

All confusing and my car is on 100k and I'm sweating on it not destroying my engine.

never go for anything less than a timing belt kit, this includes the belt and tensioner.

it would be worthwhile replacing the alternator belt while you are there, this needs to come off to do the timing belt so wont add any more cost to the labour.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club