Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk2 1600 sport Australian import

Ronanmk2

recently bought a mk2 1600 sport. the car seemed to have come from australia with loads of paperwork including nova and proof is i.ds.  Just wondering now how hard is it to register the car into britain.  

thanks. 

£55 fee to register. If you want age related reg no you need proof of age eg original reg doc or letter from an owners club that has dvla approval. As it is over 40 years old it will be mot and tax exempt as long as not majorly modified in last 30 years ( I know 30 yrs sounds odd) . You only need to provide insurance evidence if you live in Northern Ireland, don’t know why NI is different. Earlier this year dvla we’re taking 4 or 5 weeks to do it, don’t know if that is usual or just covid delays. I have not registered any import cars, but have done 2 motorbikes. Think it’s exactly the same

2 hours ago, isetta said:

Earlier this year dvla we’re taking 4 or 5 weeks to do it

That's fast for the DVLA before COVID. 4-5 months sounds more reasonable lol.

• 2 months later...

Got any pics ? Would love to see it 🥰

Fords from Aussieland seem to be in good nick with hardly any rust, maybe because of the dry/hotter climate, I'd suggest getting yours rust proofed before the British climate starts the attack.

About 5 years ago I looked upon a black four door 1.6 Sport, it looked odd being a four door and thought the guy had got a four door and dressed it as a Sport, it turns out it was a genuine factory car, it was mint and never been restored, no rot on it at all, that came from Aussieland.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club