Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Does It Spent Too Much Fuel??

Rizteta

I have ford focus 1.4 Duratec m5 with 59 kW... Its new, 2009 December... I have passed 3.500 km so far... In the prospect it says that the car spents fuel 6.6. At first the car spent around 12, we asked the service in Macedonia, they said it shall fall down after 2-3 000 km. But it wont been so much. Now it spents 10.6... We went to service to see the problem, they say its not a problem with the car, they say the lie a little in the comercials, and also that I have been driving city only, but I am not... Its 40-60 combinated..... Whats the problem??? What should I do???? Its too much for that kind of engine dont you think????

I have ford focus 1.4 Duratec m5 with 59 kW... Its new, 2009 December... I have passed 3.500 km so far... In the prospect it says that the car spents fuel 6.6. At first the car spent around 12, we asked the service in Macedonia, they said it shall fall down after 2-3 000 km. But it wont been so much. Now it spents 10.6... We went to service to see the problem, they say its not a problem with the car, they say the lie a little in the comercials, and also that I have been driving city only, but I am not... Its 40-60 combinated..... Whats the problem??? What should I do???? Its too much for that kind of engine dont you think????

they are technically correct the adverts do lie they give you combined figures for youre mpg however these figures are derived from testing the car on a test track and in a laboratory the figures represent what the car can do in optimal conditions ie on a flat track at set speeds with the air a certain temperature the adverts do lie to the extent that its unlikely anyone will ever drive in optimum conditions.

the tests do not take into account for example sitting in traffic or steep hills lots of stop starting and using for example air conditioning so it sounds like youre mpg miles per gallon are fine you will see better economy if you were driving motorway

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club