Do Not Sell My Personal Information

door senser

alan daniels

hi have 07 s max when i open passenger door the display on instrument panel lets me know door is open but when i shut the door the panel says door open is there a senser in door as sometimes takes 5 to 6 goes to open shut door for it to say door shut 

i cant lock car until display says door shut 

any idea what the fault is thanks

Probably the same as Fiesta/Fusion of that ilk. 

Microswitch buried in the door lock mechanism, either a complete replacement, or fiddly microswitch replacement.

any idea how much complete replacement is thanks for your reply

I would have just spent £4 on a new microswitch and an hour to change it, or even spent £25 on a secondhand door latch. I supose it will have increased the value of the car

19 hours ago, unofix said:

I would have just spent £4 on a new microswitch and an hour to change it, or even spent £25 on a secondhand door latch. I supose it will have increased the value of the car

Unofix, what are your search terms or a link to suitable microswitches ?  I have not been successful with my efforts!

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Paulkp said:

Unofix, what are your search terms or a link to suitable microswitches ?  I have not been successful with my efforts!

Thanks.

What model microswitch do you need? Post a picture of it if you are not sure. Quite often it's just a V3 or V5 sealed, can't remember which off the top of my head, but show me a picture and I'll try and give you the answer. 

• Thanks 1

Not got it out yet !

It is driver's side rear door on a 2010 Fusion.  I did the front seat passenger door last year, I still have that door lock in the garage, so I will have a look.

Rear door lock is even more expensive than the front door !

• Like 1

spoke to fords dont sell the micro switch on its own 

didnt want to go second hand route coz knowing my luck would have had same problem couple months down line 

plan to keep car for next 4 years hence why opted for brand new

Unofix,

A couple of shots of the Fusion front door lock motor microswitch - there is a bit of flexible track that goes to the switch, and the switch itself appears to be "Araldited" in position.  Even with a replacement switch it looks a palaver to change.

(PS How is your terrestrial TV , do you watch BIlsdale ?)

5 hours ago, alan daniels said:

plan to keep car for next 4 years hence why opted for brand new

We are planning to keep the Fusion for the foreseeable future, as there is not a replacement more suitable for 93 year old with walking frames, and wheelchair.  The Fusion is like a Tardis, small on the outside, and big on the inside.  I paid over £200 for the front switch, and the rear is about £260 !

micro01.jpg

micro02.jpg

On 10/2/2021 at 12:47 PM, Paulkp said:

there is a bit of flexible track that goes to the switch, and the switch itself appears to be "Araldited" in position.  Even with a replacement switch it looks a palaver to change.

(PS How is your terrestrial TV , do you watch BIlsdale ?)

Hi Paul, TV is fine - I get my signal from Pontop Pike 😀

I see what you mean about the way the switch is fitted. Looks like they are using cheaper qualitity microswitches. The Cherry DB2 with lever is most likely what fits as a replacement. I'm happy to give it a go for you if you like ?

• Thanks 1

Unofix, Thanks for your offer, but with the mechanism currently safe behind the door trim, I'll decline!  I'll research the DB2 and consider that.

Before I retired in 2012 I was an TV Transmitter engineer, and did a lot of work on the early digital stuff in the late '90s, then the switchover.  So familiar with high power RF systems like Bilsdale and Pontop, but not many small  microswitches!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paulkp said:

So familiar with high power RF systems

Like wise, I used to be a Radar engineer working mostly on military equipment like Sea Wolf, Sea Dart and Martello. Also did surveillance radar for the CAA.

• 1 month later...

The microswitch in the door latch indirectly reports its status to a number of circuits, (a) interior light (b) door ajar warning (c) central locking (d) security alarm.  A faulty switch will effect all of those circuits.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club