Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic gearbox

gjjhsaunders40

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I can't find a consistent answer. 

I'm looking to buy either a 2016 onwards 1.5 Ecoboost or 2.0 ecoboost Mondeo estate. 

Do these cars have the Powershift or a torque converter?

Thanks in advance,

Gareth. 

1 minute ago, Jonro2009 said:

The 1.5 has the TC box and the 2.0 has the powershift. Join my Mk5 Mondeo group and you wil get al the answers you need.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/?ref=share

Thanks, done. 

Not what I expected, I thought I'd either would have the Powershift it would be the 1.5. 

Thanks

NO NO NO, Jonro, you are losing your touch, ha ha

Gareth, A 2016 Mondeo will be a Mk5 Mondeo. A 2litre Petrol Ecoboost Mk5 Mondeo will NOT have a Getrag Powershift

Mk5 Petrol 2L Ecoboost Mondeo 2014/2015 onwards has a torque converter type trans designed and manufactured by Ford USA, originally in conjunction with GM (General Motors). It is 6 speed designated as Model 6F35 Mid Range. It is a pretty decent trans especially as it has since gone on to be available in 8 speed form on some models.

Only Mk5 Mondeo diesels retained the Getrag Powershift trans 

Jonro, are you going to post up to Gareth on your FB site in case he does not come back on here to see the correct answer 😀

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TrevorB said:

NO NO NO, Jonro, you are losing your touch, ha ha

Gareth, A 2016 Mondeo will be a Mk5 Mondeo. A 2litre Petrol Ecoboost Mk5 Mondeo will NOT have a Getrag Powershift

Mk5 Petrol 2L Ecoboost Mondeo 2014/2015 onwards has a torque converter type trans designed and manufactured by Ford USA, originally in conjunction with GM (General Motors). It is 6 speed designated as Model 6F35 Mid Range. It is a pretty decent trans especially as it has since gone on to be available in 8 speed form on some models.

Only Mk5 Mondeo diesels retained the Getrag Powershift trans 

Jonro, are you going to post up to Gareth on your FB site in case he does not come back on here to see the correct answer 😀

I was convinced the 2.0 had a PS box, I will have to concede to being wrong - first time for everything 😉😉  he was put right in my group too. 

The OP has said he placed an order for a Tesla instead now 👍 

No worries Jonro, all is good.

Yes, there is a first time for everything - I remember when the 8 speed 8F first came out I quoted it as a powershift because a ***** Ford dealer told me it was a Powershift!!!!

Take care

Ordered a Tesla - that's a badly built copy of a Mondeo with a big battery isn't it, ha ha

• Haha 2

No one can join the Facebook group as Facebook is down. I’m wondering if it is going to turn out they have a ransomware attack wanting 1 billion dollars in bitcoin

I couldn't care less if FB and all the other associates never ever came back - scourge of the earth, same goes for bitcoin and similar

• Like 2

You tell it how it is @TrevorB - Don't hold back, get it off your chest !! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, I feel so much better now - really? - No, ha ha

Posting up about FB being down when we are having a serious conversataion about auto transmissions - dam cheek. Who is tis Isetta anyway, sounds like a bubble car from yonks ago 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the 1980s I had about ten isetta bubble cars. I have the username isetta as I couldn’t think of any other name to use. And I came from the town where they were made, the British isettas that is, not the Italian or German ones

• Like 1

I always remember the day that a chap parked his Isetta face too a wall.  He had forgotten that he did not have reverse and was therefore stuck.   We came across him banging on his window for help!!  Being good kind folks we pushed him away from the wall so that he could open his door.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club