Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk4 - Adaptive Cruise Control

unofix

Is it possible to upgrade standard Cruise Control on a 2019 Mk4 Focus Titanium X Automatic to the all singing and dancing Adaptive Cruise Control ?

The car does not have the radar module at the front but does have Speed Signs Recognition and Collision Avoidance.

It is doable, there are some posts on Forscan about it being done.

You will need to change the steering wheel button and configure and, possibly update the firmware in the ABS, CCM, SCCM and IPMA.

As you are automatic you should get lane centring assist and Stop & Go too.

Are you sure you don't have the radar? Mine was a 2019 Titanium manual with standard CC and I had a radar

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Are you sure you don't have the radar?

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. To be honest, no I don't know that there is no radar, I just asumed that there wouldn't be. I found on Aliexpress (takes a couple of months🤣) the new steering wheel assembly but han't found any info on doing the upgrade.

I will take a look on ForScan and see if I think I'm up to the challenge

I'd be very surprised if you don't have the radar.

You don't need a wheel or indeed a harness, just the cruise control switchpack that includes lane centring assist (two left buttons)

It has to be configured using code changes in CCM, BCMi, IPMA, IPC, ABS and SCCM and possibly PCM/TCM

• Like 1

The radar if you have it can be found behind the plastic square on the front grille (on the STX at least) It’s about the size of a ***** packet . I think all or most of the earlier Mk4s have radar. Mines a 69 plate …doesn’t have it. Or multi link for that matter 😤

• Thanks 1

It’s censored a common name for cigarettes!! Anyway the radar is definitely on cars that have the convenience pack. Auto parking, adaptive cruise control,  Flux capacitor etc 

Hi Alex, I had a look yesterday at the front of the car and got my fingers through the lower grill, but could not see or feel anything behind the flat panel in the middle of the grill. Mine is a 2019 "19" reg.

I got a msg on the app saying my radar was obscured or words to that effect. Was advised to clean the radar , that was when I realised there’s nothing behind the plastic square on the grille. Was the lidar (?) camera on the windscreen needed cleaning. If the radars there it’s clear to see and/or feel.  Otherwise it’s hollow. 

6 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

radar is definitely on cars that have the convenience pack. Auto parking, adaptive cruise control,  Flux capacitor

No convenience pack on mine 😟 and funds running a little low so possibley can only afford to add one option. Not sure if I should go with adaptive cruise control or go the full hog and upgrade to a Flux Capacitor 🤣

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

go the full hog and upgrade to a Flux Capacitor

If you can get us back 40 years I’ll go half’s 

• Haha 2

• 2 years later...

I'll explain my situation to you, owner of a 2021 Ford Focus Active Mk4, I installed the front radar including the wiring and activated everything, the only thing I can't activate is the stop&go because I don't have the right ABS but someone on Internet changed the ABS firmware but unfortunately I don't know how to do it, if anyone can help me

Thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club