Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 (P2002) - Need advice

Maharaja King

Hi all , 

Need some advice for my Ford Mondeo Ghia 2.0tdci , 2010 ,(recently bought)

The engine light was on , so scan the code and its come P2002 Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1  , but my car running perfectly ,NO miss fire , pickup very good , starting no issue (just did full service one week ago). 

I have clear the engine light as I need to do MOT next week ,

so just wondering how long I can ignore that fault code or I should  repair asap ? 

Kindly Advice ... Thanks 🙂

The previous owner may have removed the DPF or the pipes to the Pressure Sensor may have split or there could be an wiring fault to the sensor or a faulty sensor.

If you scan tool can read Live Data then check the DPF Differential Pressure. If your scan tool can't do this then get yourself set up with FORScan which can do this and a lot of other things. If you own a Ford that is out of warranty then it is a wise investment for the small price that it costs.

A lot of people on this Forum get their adaptors from Tunnelrats Electronics and either download the free Windows version of FORScan or buy the phone version. 

• Like 1

@Tizer Thanks for you reply ,  in live data what DPF pressure should be I look for ?

I  didn't check the senor  , I will check that .. but how I can know the sensor is faulty ..

Please advise  Thanks 

I don't know the exact figures for your engine, but if it was new I would expect about 0.1 Kpa at Idle and a lot less than 5 Kpa during steady driving. Your car is not new so if the DPF is not blocked then maybe 0.5 at Idle. If it hardly goes up during hard driving then I'm not surprised it is throwing up a fault.

I thought that fault code meant that the readings were too low to be plausible rather than too high but I maybe wrong.

There is no way of checking the sensor unless you have the equipment to apply calibrated pressure to both sides of the sensor. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Maharaja King said:

Hi all , 

Need some advice for my Ford Mondeo Ghia 2.0tdci , 2010 ,(recently bought)

The engine light was on , so scan the code and its come P2002 Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1  , but my car running perfectly ,NO miss fire , pickup very good , starting no issue (just did full service one week ago). 

I have clear the engine light as I need to do MOT next week ,

so just wondering how long I can ignore that fault code or I should  repair asap ? 

Kindly Advice ... Thanks 🙂

I'd take it on a motorway at night, say 4th gear keep revs above 2500rpm constantly (say 2750rpm) or a lower gear if too fast, for at least 20 minutes constant. Not being an expert I know this forces a regeneration on my Focus, and I do this regularly to prolong the life of the DPF. Others may comment but its working for me and I'll continue to do it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have mk4 2.0 TDCi & recently cleaned the dpf and flushed it with boiling water, when I reconnected everything I too have this P2002 error, the car doesn’t go into limp home mode & I can clear the fault code however it returns a day later. I gave it a run of 90 mins motorway driving in 4th gear after the dpf was reconnected.

• Like 1

@GJDIARY Thank you for your reply , 

Mine also I clear the code for engine light but didn't came back till now , so far car still running perfectly . 

Hi

i had this probem. It turned out to be the Vaperizer was blocked.

Diagnosis guide on YouTube ans Vaperizer spanner on eBay (£10)

They are Flippin tight

Hope this helps

CarManT

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club