Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat-Nav Problem?

John_Connor

Hi, had a look through the search function and I can't find this problem anywhere.

I believe I have a Blaupunkt satnav ('59 plate 1.6 TDCi Focus with the Communications Pack), but after nearly a fortnight of ownership, it's started doing something very weird. The map function will work fine up until I give the satnav a destination. At that point, it will no longer track the car's position, instead going down the route dictated at a constant speed (it ends up about 15 miles ahead on a 40 mile journey).

After it reaches the destination, I am no longer able to revert the map back to tracking the car, nor can I ask it to direct me to a new destination; the map is stuck on my destination (though I can still access the cd player, linein and so on). Nothing I have tried seems to correct this, unless I leave the car for a while (an hour plus), when the map will once again work properly until I enter a destination.

Anybody know what's happening? Or how to fix it?

if you have the blaupunt dx/ex unit you can recalibrate it, in the destinations screen you will see an option for extras,in the extras screen there is a section called cal/test where you should find the re-calibrations menu.if none of this cures the fault get back to the dealers as you have only had the car fot two weeks

if you have the blaupunt dx/ex unit you can recalibrate it, in the destinations screen you will see an option for extras,in the extras screen there is a section called cal/test where you should find the re-calibrations menu.

Hi mintalkin,

Thanks for the swift reply :)

Been there & done that. I re-calibrated the system whilst travelling at a steady speed on the A1 on Friday. Took a good 10 mins or so, but still not working correctly.

I have seen a discussion saying that it may be in "Demo Mode" but if it is - how do I turn "Demo Mode" off? Have gone through every option I can find - all to no avail.

Also seen mention that you can turn off individual buttons (those that intrude onto the map display) but again, how do you do that?

As an aside - how do I know whether it is a dx or an ex unit?

The seller (a Car Supermarket) wasn't interested when I called in on Saturday afternoon, but referred me to a main Ford dealer (I can name names here).

Finally, is there a manual for this system?? I can't seem to find any info on either the Ford Uk site nor on Blaupunkt's. None was provided with the car and there is no info in the car handbook.

Thanks in advance.

Hi again mintalkin

Thanks for that link. Sadly, it doesn't appear as if my unit is a DX or EX as it does not look like any of the units on page 3 of the manual.

My unit has the 5" colour screen (but it is not a touch-screen version) and has the map data on an SD card.

I'll try to upload a photo shortly.

Cheers

JC

EDIT: Page 9 seems to show my unit (from the same site as your link):

http://fordfcsd.wunderman.be/UK/Audio%20-%20Multimedia%20-%20Navigation/CD%20Navigation/Navigation%20%28combined%20manual%29%20CG3548en%2005-2009.pdf

My unit:

DSC00574.jpg

Thanks. Hope this is of future use :)

JC

Hi again mintalkin

Thanks for that link. Sadly, it doesn't appear as if my unit is a DX or EX as it does not look like any of the units on page 3 of the manual.

My unit has the 5" colour screen (but it is not a touch-screen version) and has the map data on an SD card.

I'll try to upload a photo shortly.

Cheers

JC

EDIT: Page 9 seems to show my unit (from the same site as your link):

http://fordfcsd.wunderman.be/UK/Audio%20-%20Multimedia%20-%20Navigation/CD%20Navigation/Navigation%20%28combined%20manual%29%20CG3548en%2005-2009.pdf

My unit:

DSC00574.jpg

Thanks. Hope this is of future use :)

JC

I have just downloaded the same pdf as I have been looking for a manual for a while.

I'd like to thanks for the original link Mintalkin as it put me in right area.

Hi

I have the same unit in my focus, it is a Blaupunkt FX. I similar didnt have a manual and contacted Ford customer service (which are useless) with no help from them.

I have since got a photocopy of the manual from a friends father in law last night, but havnt had time to read it yet.

It also says that you are supposed to have a CD with it to copy to a SD card using the unit but this isnt true all you get is the SD card which at the moment I havnt found a way of copying. I did post the problem on this site but have had no replys.

I will look at the manual tonight to see if it says anything about your problem.

keep smiling :)

paul

Ps I see from the screen that you are in sheffield same as me so maybe I could Photocopy it and send it to you or arrange to meet somewhere.

I will look at the manual tonight to see if it says anything about your problem.

keep smiling :)

paul

Ps I see from the screen that you are in sheffield same as me so maybe I could Photocopy it and send it to you or arrange to meet somewhere.

Hi Paul,

Problem is sorted. It WAS in demo mode and now that is turned off!. Just need to check it out sometime.

Thanks

JC

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have the same sat nav unit that is talked about in this thread but can anyone tell me what the symbol to the left of the time means.

Steve

Hi

I have the same sat nav unit that is talked about in this thread but can anyone tell me what the symbol to the left of the time means.

Steve

SD Card is inserted

• 2 years later...

Hello all!

I am new to this site, I owned a 2007 Focus ST up until a week ago, where I traded in for a 2010 1.6 TDCI. I have the sat nav pictured above. I have been trying to get it to work with no luck. I called ford near where I live, they told me it should come with an SD card, which it didn't. I called the dealer where I bought it and after much arguing, they sent me one. (2GB- once plugged into my PC only has 500ish MB used space)

I thought that all would be solved....but no.

the problem is, I cannot search a postcode. the error message is along the lines of cannot search destination, insert media card. I cannot even search cities or towns.

The dealer where I bought the car is a 3 hour drive away from where I live so difficult to get a resolution.

the page with the manual above will not open for me. can anyone email me a copy please?

is it possible to copy an existing SD card from someone else to a new one of mine?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Mike

Hello all!

I am new to this site, I owned a 2007 Focus ST up until a week ago, where I traded in for a 2010 1.6 TDCI. I have the sat nav pictured above. I have been trying to get it to work with no luck. I called ford near where I live, they told me it should come with an SD card, which it didn't. I called the dealer where I bought it and after much arguing, they sent me one. (2GB- once plugged into my PC only has 500ish MB used space)

I thought that all would be solved....but no.

the problem is, I cannot search a postcode. the error message is along the lines of cannot search destination, insert media card. I cannot even search cities or towns.

The dealer where I bought the car is a 3 hour drive away from where I live so difficult to get a resolution.

the page with the manual above will not open for me. can anyone email me a copy please?

is it possible to copy an existing SD card from someone else to a new one of mine?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Mike

Mike. PM me your email address and I will send you the pdf file. It includes both the Touch Screen version and the non Touch Screen versions of the FX. Sounds like they sent you the wrong SD Card for it.

It should be this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Sd-Card-/201072344289?pt=UK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET&hash=item2ed0d87ce1#ht_63wt_958

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached a pic of what they sent me. Completely different. I am trying to get a neighbours SD card to see if that resolves the issue, just waiting on them getting back to me. Can they be copied? I remember in the thread someone was trying to.

I shall pm you now and thank you.

post-53426-0-72371400-1397737682_thumb.j

They cant be copied as far as I know and tried.

• 4 years later...

I'm in a similar situation but my unit has completely packed up. I can no longer use my satnav or radio as it's stopped working. Told I need a new one . Really can these units not be repaired ? On the look out for another but a little dubious as don.t want the same problem to reoccur. thanks in advance.

Edited by Guest
No reason