Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta st line mk7 v mk8 petrol tank till empty

Mikeyd07
聽Share

First Post, be kind聽馃榿

I previously had a mk7 fiesta st line. Just exchanged it for a mk8. Exact same 1.0 140bhp engine.聽

Question is, when I put 拢25 petrol in the mk7, it'd always show around 225 miles > petrol pump.聽

Just put 拢30 in the mk8 and was surprised to see only 177 miles > petrol pump.聽

I know prices have went up, but not that much in two weeks!!聽

Is the mk8 tank different from the mk7?聽

I also noticed that the petrol warning light came on with 50 miles left (same as my old mk7), however there still looked like 1/4 tank left on the guage. Whereas the mk7 gauge would go way down to the red before the warning light came on for 50 miles till empty.聽

Just don't quite understand the differences between two very similar engines.聽

Have they changed anything? And clues, much appreciated 馃憤

Hi Michael,

I believe the tank size is the same on petrol models at 42 litres.

Some members reported lower mpg on the Mk 8 - it is a bit heavier - while others found the 6th gear improved matters, depends what sort of driving you do.聽

Gauges/trip computers do differ, so if you suspect your mpg is low, the best thing is to do an accurate check by brimming the tank, driving a couple of hundred miles, brim it again and then calculate your actual mpg from the fuel used.

FWIW I usually get mid to high 40's in mixed driving.

The miles to empty adjusts to your recent driving. If your new car had been used in town for a while the recent mpg will be low and the miles to empty will also be low. Once you have driven it for a while (50 miles perhaps) it will adjust to your driving style and normal mpg and the miles to empty will become more accurate.

I have 2019 Fiesta and the amount left goes up and down like a lavatory seat it depends on where your driving. My Focus used do the same. My car is drinking petrol since I started using E10.

25 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

The miles to empty adjusts to your recent driving. If your new car had been used in town for a while the recent mpg will be low and the miles to empty will also be low. Once you have driven it for a while (50 miles perhaps) it will adjust to your driving style and normal mpg and the miles to empty will become more accurate.

Ah! This makes complete sense!聽

I was hoping it might be something like that. Many thanks to you all for your input, much appreciated 馃憤

Really loving my new Mk8. Stunning looking thing and a lovely rasp that the mk7 didn't have, although the mk7 is still a fine machine.聽

Thanks

Mikey聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club