Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust replacement for a Mk4 Mondeo 2.0 petrol Titanium Sport, impossible??

Mondeo Mason
聽Share

Hi everyone,

Newbie to the forum. I have searched and can't find anything related. Apologies if I've not seacrched well.

I've got a 2010 Mondeo Titanium Sport, 2.0 petrol. It has the dual output exhaust (two singles). The exhaust really needs replacing but I cannot find a replacement anywhere, neither original or aftermarket. The parts from Ford are well over a grand, which doesn't make ecnomical sense for this car. A complete custom exhaust is, understandably, not going to be any cheaper. I took it to an exhaust shop who recommended I just get the rear section made custom and keep the existing mid section, as that bit was 'fine' anyway. This I can justify. However, driving yesterday and I think something on the mid section is now broken, probably a hanger or something. Sounds like a tapping as I drive. I'll crawl under the car shortly and look (I'm no mechanic so this may prove fruitless). Ideally I really do need to get the whole thing sorted 馃槙

Anyone got any ideas? I'm wondering if the mid section from any other models would fit?聽

I love the car and I'm willing to spend some money to keep it on the road. It would seem criminal if something as minor as replacing the exhaust on a Mondeo would take it to the scrappy!

All help appreciated.

I had a similar issue some time ago when trying to get a replacement for the exhaust on my previous Mk4 2.5. My recommendation would be to shop around for a custom fit job. I managed to get one fitted for less than 拢400.

• Like 1

Cheers Eric, sounds like that's the way to go. If I could find a solutiuon for 拢400 I'd be overjoyed!

Thanks for the suggestion Gavin. Just checked Autodoc but nothing available.

If I remember correctly I think it was TW Tyres in Rugby who did mine. You might be lucky and it's just the hanger for the mid-section that's loose. If that's the case then it may not need the mid-section to be replaced providing the other mounts hold it securely, although you may want to temporarily secure it with wire or similar until the back section can be fixed so it doesn't place too much strain on the rest of the system.

On the plus side it also sounded a lot better with the custom exhaust. Not sure if the neighbours agreed though.

Yeah, now the sun has come out I'm gonna go crawl underneath and see if I can strategically apply some zip ties or something.

Learning how to use this forum!

38 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

If I remember correctly I think it was TW Tyres in Rugby who did mine. You might be lucky and it's just the hanger for the mid-section that's loose. If that's the case then it may not need the mid-section to be replaced providing the other mounts hold it securely, although you may want to temporarily secure it with wire or similar until the back section can be fixed so it doesn't place too much strain on the rest of the system.

On the plus side it also sounded a lot better with the custom exhaust. Not sure if the neighbours agreed though.

Yeah, now the sun has come out I'm gonna go crawl underneath and see if I can strategically apply some zip ties or something.

It's currently running with only one backbox (one fell off), so I already sound like a boy racer! Although it doesn't sound as obnoxious as I thought it would, will still be happy to get rid of the drone.

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/search?q=powerflow+exhaust&oq=powerf&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j0i433i512j0i131i433i512j0i433i512j46i175i199i433i512j0i433i512l2j0i512l3.10520j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

These are all over the uk and should be somewhat cheaper than the prices you've mentioned, can do stainless or mild steel and if you go for a full stainless system it comes with lifetime guarantee.

• 1 year later...

Assume you got the exhaust sorted in the end.I had the same problem with my 2011 Titanium X Sport. Even though the wife worked at a Ford dealer and got a healthy discount, still around 拢800 for cat-back system. Went to Powerflow in Sittingbourne got a custom Stainless system for around 拢550. Has done 2 years so far - no problems. Chose a couple of nice smoked tail pipes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club