Do Not Sell My Personal Information

voice control mike not working

tommyjames

when I recieve a call, on my blue tooth set up in my 2011 fiesta, i can hear the  caller loud and clear, but they can not hear me, not matter how loud I have the radio turned on, also when trying to make a call after so long the comuter says no voice, and switches the call off, at the bottom of the small display in the center of the dash, it has "mic off" red light showing, can  any body help in any way.

Thanks anon, Brenda, I have gone into the menu of the screen, and no matter what item I choose, there is no settings refering to microphone enable or disable, the problem has only just happened, in the last 3 weeks, this is why I am at a loss as to how, my fiesta is 2011 model, and things have changed, I have looked all over the internet for an answer, but can not find one that refers to the problem of "Mic off". have you any other suggestions, or as any other helpful soul got any thing else I can try,

It seems likely that you have a faulty mic. Either it has become un-pluged or more probable is that it has jut broken. They are quite easy to change and you should be able to get one from a scrapyard or maybe eBay for about £10

Thanks Unofix, am I right in thinking I get access to  the mic through the interior light unit, or do I remove the whole plastic cover, sorry to be a pain but not having much experience in this sort of thing. I have to ask

• Like 1

If the red symbol says the mic is switched off then it is the settings that are wrong.

A busted mic would not do this. It is switched off. The display is telling you that 

Check your phone settings (I would be looking for external microphone settings ) and do a master reset on the sync in the car.

at the start of this problem, I did what I think was a reset, by removing the fuse for the bluetooth, and replacing it after 20 mins or so would that count as a master reset, and yes the red symbol ays mic off, I am now trying to find out if my phone has an external microphone setting, thanks again for your help, if I sort it out I will post a reply to say so

having acted on the  advice givin, either I am doing things wrong, which I don't know, but I  am still at the same position as I was at the start of my journey, I even went an made inquires at a Ford main dealer, "bring it in and we will have a look"  any idea of a price I asked, sorry we charge as per jobs, if it only takes an hour, what would the labour charge be was the question I asked, £130 approx, any parts would be extra. but I live in hope some one has had the same problem and can help me with mine,

I have never had to access the mic. If this was mine I would have a look at the mic connections. Are they secure? Can the mic be unplugged? If so, does it have two pins? With a circuit tester is there continuity within the mic between the two pins (when it’s unplugged from the cable) . Then check continuity in the cable from the mic end to the radio connector. I don’t know how easy it is to get to back of radio. You might be lucky and find it’s just a poor connection that needs unplugging and plugging back in

Assuming it has worked before...

Phone menu> system settings>advanced> master reset.

This resets the bit that is not working, not the bluetooth module which is.

I'm not sure that this applies to your model, it is taken from a Fiesta handbook
Muting and Unmuting the
microphone
Note: During a call, it is possible to mute
the microphone. Whilst muted, confirmation
will appear in the display.
Using voice command:
Press the VOICE BUTTON and when
prompted say "MUTE CALL ON" /
"UNMUTE CALL".
Using menu options:
Press the button mapped to Mic off of the
information and entertainment display to
mute/unmute the microphone.
SYNC
Switching between speaker phone
and hands-free mode
Privacy mode can be activated from a
hands-free mode while in an active call.
Using voice command:
Press the VOICE BUTTON and when
prompted say "GO TO PRIVACY".
Using menu options:
Press the button mapped to Private of
the information and entertainment display
to switch between privacy and hands-free
mode.

Thanks guys for your input to my problem, I have just connected my wife's  phone to my car and the same situation is there, I have tried whilst some one rings me and they  can not hear me, switching the mute button off and on and all that happens is the red light go's out, and the caller still can not hear me, in answer to anon Brendas the phone has worked great up until 2 weeks ago. the phone menu in the car has no settings on its list, so at the moment I am still very much in the dark as to  what to do to solve my problem, :sad:

Hold it! So you can turn the mute on and off and get confirmation of of whether it is on or off. Ah. Nice to have ALL the information. Get a new mike.

2 hours ago, anon said:

Get a new mike.

Think I might have said that 🤔

10 hours ago, unofix said:

It seems likely that you have a faulty mic. Either it has become un-pluged or more probable is that it has just broken. They are quite easy to change and you should be able to get one from a scrapyard or maybe eBay for about £10

Yes, pat yourself on the back but without all the facts, it was just guesswork.

1 minute ago, anon said:

pat yourself on the back

Thank You !

Hi anon about me turning off and on the mic, when its lit up red it say's mic off when I press the first function button, which is the first one on the left of the 4, the red light goes out, but the mic off is still there, so, it looks like I need to take the plastic consul with the mic in down and see if the mic us unpluged or if I can replace it, thanks for every ones help and assitance.

• Like 1

yes that is correct, the mic stays muted, and the words mic off stays visable, the only thing different is the red light goes out.

Then the mic is switched off. I doubt if it is actually faulty but if this is a definitive explanation of the fault then it would be most unusual for the system to report a fault in this way but quite normal for it to report that the mic is not configured.

Hi anon, sorry I could not begin to tell you what version of sync is in my car, because I can not find any information ref sync, 

Then take it to your Ford dealer because if you cannot begin to answer that question, I fear that you are completely out of your depth and I will be unable, regrettably to assist you further.

HI anon, thanks for your asstance, I did try  to find out what version of SYNC was fitted to my car, when I went on to the site that suppose to give you it, I entered my VIN number and was told my vehicle was not fitted with a SYNC system??. once again, thanks for your help, I hope the next person you help is not out of their depth as much as I am. thanks again.