Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Cannot find out what colour from my paint code


Ross3452
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a mk1 Focus Edge 2003.

Here is a pic of the VIN plate, I'm sure C0 is the paint code. I've tried entering the paint code into Google with words like ford, focus, etc, but nothing comes up that tells me the exact name of the colour.

I need to know what the exact name of the colour is so I can buy some paint that is an exact match.

Does anyone know how I can find out?

SAM_8284.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Ross3452 said:

I need to know what the exact name of the colour is so I can buy some paint that is an exact match.

Does anyone know how I can find out?

 

In 4 decades of car ownership, Ford is the only manufacturer I know that doesn't like to inform their customers what colour their car is! This question pops up all the time...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've now read something online which says it wont be on the VIN plate and that it will be somewhere on the door jamb, wheel well, or glove box. I've already tried these places and have not found anything.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Thanks for the help guys! I needed to know the colour because of a deep scratch on the side. Now I just need to decide whether to get one of those brush/pen paint things or spray paint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, Ross3452 said:

Thanks for the help guys! I needed to know the colour because of a deep scratch on the side. Now I just need to decide whether to get one of those brush/pen paint things or spray paint.

The brush is usually used just to dab on a bit of colour on car to protect a stone chip. The spray can will need some expertise on rubbing down, blending in, then realising that a brand new can of paint isn't an exact match for an 18 year old car 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

The brush is usually used just to dab on a bit of colour on car to protect a stone chip. The spray can will need some expertise on rubbing down, blending in, then realising that a brand new can of paint isn't an exact match for an 18 year old car 😁

Have to agree pal, particularly with red. I think the OP may find it's less Colorado Red and more like a faded blush colour 🙈 chips away or dent master might be a better bet depending on how 'perfect' you want the finish, failing that go old school with a go faster stripe 😉

In all seriousness, good luck with the repair though. I'd be gutted if it was my car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ross3452 said:

Now I just need to decide whether to get one of those brush/pen paint things or spray paint.

Unfortunately the colour red is the worst of all colours to age. Even if the new paint was an exact match of the original paint it will now be nothing like the colour your car is now. Even spraying the entire panel will not help too much but at least there will be natural break lines to help lessen the change from new to old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you may get somewhere near a match but would need to colour mop the entire vehicle, IF and its a big IF the paints thick enough. Or find a paint shop to mix you a kind of faded mucky red.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership