Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ticking noise from driver side front tyre

joedavis51929

Hi there, new to the club.

I have a 2015 Focus and recently noticed a slight "ticking" noise from the front right tyre whilst driving. It is very faint and doesn't always manifest itself, especially at higher speeds. I thought it may be a stone or nail in the tyre but after thoroughly checking, this was not the case. 

I then jacked the car up and rotated the wheel to see if I could hear anything. I then noticed that there was something rolling around INSIDE the tyre as I turned the wheel. I imagine this may part of an old valve stem or similar.

Could this be the cause of the ticking? I may explain the fact I don't hear it after a certain speed due to the centrifugal force.

Also, is it safe to drive until I can get it to a tyre shop to get said object removed?

Thanks in advance.

Joe 🙂

It maybe the tyre pressure monitor has become detached from the tyre valve. Have you not had any pressure alarms ?

21 minutes ago, unofix said:

It maybe the tyre pressure monitor has become detached from the tyre valve. Have you not had any pressure alarms ?

No alarms

17 hours ago, joedavis51929 said:

I thought it may be a stone or nail in the tyre but after thoroughly checking, this was not the case. 

When driving at a constant speed is the ticking consistent (i.e. at the same rate) like it was a stone or nail in the tyre

Or is the ticking random like something was loose and knocking against something randomly

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club