Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member from Australia.

Hackney

Hi everyone,just about to pick up a 2015 Fiesta sport Ecoboost 1.0.87,000kms on the odometer.Lady owner.5 speed manual,(not the dreaded power shift!)Frozen white in colour.Sold of all things a GT Mustang! It was getting just to hard on the back.Going to give the Fiesta engine bay a good detail, pretty dusty & grimy.By the time I am finished with it,will be totally transformed.Car is pretty good in condition,very good interior.Unfortunately,we do not get the general Fiesta range anymore,they stopped in 2016-17 bringing them into Australia.The ST is the only variant available now.Car will just be used as a second  car.Cheers.

• Like 1

G'day Ron and welcome to the Ford Owners Club

At only 54,000 of our English miles it's just run in 😀

3 hours ago, unofix said:

G'day Ron and welcome to the Ford Owners Club

At only 54,000 of our English miles it's just run in 😀

What is the reliability/durability like in these Ecoboost 1.0 litres?

Well in my opinion they are not good. There are a lot of problems with the wet belts. They were originaly surposed to last a lifetime but that has been changed to 100,000miles or 10 years which ever comes first. Trouble is that many fail at less than 80,000miles and under 8 years old and when that happens the engine is scrap.

You need to make sure the oil and filter is changed at least every 20,000miles or 1 year but more regular if used for short journeys. Never ever use flushing oil as it will cause the wet belts to fall apart. Be very careful to watch out for any signs of coolant leaks, and also if the oil pressure light should flicker on at anytime switch the engine off immediately.

If you do a search on the forums for Ecoboost, you will get the picture.

Just take care of it and do regular oil changes and you could be fine.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Well in my opinion they are not good. There are a lot of problems with the wet belts. They were originaly surposed to last a lifetime but that has been changed to 100,000miles or 10 years which ever comes first. Trouble is that many fail at less than 80,000miles and under 8 years old and when that happens the engine is scrap.

You need to make sure the oil and filter is changed at least every 20,000miles or 1 year but more regular if used for short journeys. Never ever use flushing oil as it will cause the wet belts to fall apart. Be very careful to watch out for any signs of coolant leaks, and also if the oil pressure light should flicker on at anytime switch the engine off immediately.

If you do a search on the forums for Ecoboost, you will get the picture.

Just take care of it and do regular oil changes and you could be fine.

I have always changed  my oil @ 10,000kms,especially these highly stressed small engines.Oil is a small price to pay for reliability. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club