Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-Cut

john5

Hi

Can anyone tell me it's OK to use T-Cut on metallic paint?. A mate saw's he was told it's not, her in doors ( who is the only good driver in the world !!!!!!!!!!!!! ) had a hedge jump out in the road at her, then it rubbed it's self all down the side of the car, you can't even trust a hedge these days. it's left a few minor marks that I think I could get out with T-Cut.

cheers

John.

I use it on mine and i have metallic paint, unless it says otherwise on the bottle go ahead and use it.

I use it on mine and i have metallic paint, unless it says otherwise on the bottle go ahead and use it.

Thanks a lot for that mate, I will give it a go.

cheers

John.

I would try something a little less abrasive first. T,cut is ok but it might leave a visible area where you have rubbed it on :unsure: . You can buy stuff like ‘scratch-X’ that is a lot better. Best just try a small area first in case?

:)

hth

Cyb

Scratch x is the stuff to go for. It's not the cheapest at about £10 but it will remove most marks,minor scratches and scrapes. You can buy it at Halfords or on line at www.meguiars,co.uk.

Scratch x is the stuff to go for. It's not the cheapest at about £10 but it will remove most marks,minor scratches and scrapes. You can buy it at Halfords or on line at www.meguiars,co.uk.

youy get t cut for metallic paint though i would slightly dampen the cloth first and rub it wet that way it isnt so harsh

Personally I wouldn't go near T cut - horrible stuff that's way too abrasive and contains masses of filler.

Scratch X is better, but I have to say that anything that's mild enough to be corrected by hand is probably going to be corrected by Dodo Lime Prime.

If you want success first time, get it machine polished.

of course, one thing to remember, is that tcut does come in different types, the red tube of "paste" is the most abrasive, but you can get the coloured liquid tcut polishes which arent as harsh. i would say a good all round polish for what you would want is the liquid coloured tcut as that get sall minor scrapes out and comes up like a treat.

I had a scrape with a hedge a few years back in my silver metallic picasso. I washed the car and chamoid it afterwards. Went over the 2 scratches with ordinary polish and it slightly helped. After doing this course of action over a 3 month period once every 2 weeks i got the scratches out. It worked for mine and it could work for yours.