Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4.5 New Facelift Focus Revealed

alexp999

Press Release:

New Ford Focus makes owning and driving Ford’s mid-sized family car even easier with advanced connectivity, electrified powertrains and sophisticated driver assistance technologies, as well as introducing fresh, expressive design.

Available on new Focus for the first time, next-generation SYNC 4 – supported by a largest-in-segment 13.2-inch centre screen – enables cloud-connected navigation and connected voice control with natural language understanding. In addition, the technology allows Ford Power-Up software updates, available over the air to improve functionality over time. Features and services including SecureAlert, Stolen Vehicle Services and Local Hazard Information are also available via FordPass Connect.

Electrified EcoBoost Hybrid 48-volt mild hybrid powertrains enhance efficiency, refinement and fun-to-drive, available for the first time with a seven-speed dual-clutch Powershift automatic option that makes light work of driving in city and stop-start traffic while complementing the hybrid powertrain’s electrically-boosted performance.

A suite of next-generation driver assistance technologies includes Blind Spot Assist, Intersection Assist, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition and Lane Centring.

A new iteration of Ford’s “human-centric” design philosophy brings greater confidence and boldness to the Focus exterior in five-door and wagon bodystyles, with new bonnet profiles, LED headlights and a more distinctive approach to Titanium, ST-Line and Active variants. Each gains unique styling elements that express their individual personalities, with an available X pack bringing high specification, and expanded Vignale pack availability delivering ultimate luxury and exclusive design features.

Ford also has revealed the new Focus ST – powered by a 280 PS 2.3-litre EcoBoost petrol engine – featuring all-new Performance Seats and bold exterior design that further emphasises its high-performance character.

https://focus.fordpresskits.com/

2021_Ford-Focus-Before-After.gif.3f1f14e49b7d466241a75158538aba05.gif

2021_FORD_FOCUS_ACTIVE_ST-LINE_OUTDOOR_01-LOW.thumb.jpg.9c839b82d4d544c8c13647ec699ce988.jpg 2021_FORD_FOCUS_ACTIVE_OUTDOOR_INTERIOR-LOW.thumb.jpg.f359f012f1c1ad0999c1364284e10d7c.jpg

2021_FORD_FOCUS_ST_OUTDOOR_02-LOW(1).thumb.jpg.7ca25812d3cb331f85efe824c77d8c30.jpg 2021_FORD_FOCUS_ST_OUTDOOR_03-LOW.thumb.jpg.3a473f3438286d0baa553bdbc4234fb1.jpg

Tech Specs:

2021_FordFocus_TechSpecs_EU.pdf 2021_FordFocusST_TechSpecs_EU.pdf

• Like 3

If you thought it looked like an Ipad stuck to the dash before.... 😅

At least the facelift looks a bit more cohesive on the Focus, I don't find it quite fits the Fiesta.

Very little seems to have changed inside, just a bigger screen and the climate controls are now screen only. Power button placement seems odd, like they were trying to find buttons to fill the void left by the climate controls.

Matching the 7 speed automatic gearbox with the mild hybrid 1L is the only real plus for me. All leather interior looks nice. I’d rather have buttons than touchscreen for climate controls. Outside looks alright. Was hoping for a plug in hybrid tbh 

• Like 2

Looks like Ford have kept the disc brakes around and rear multi link suspension on the Estate and " Selected power trains" ? Limited to the ST I wonder .....

8 minutes ago, Wino said:

Looks like Ford have kept the disc brakes around and rear multi link suspension on the Estate and " Selected power trains" ? Limited to the ST I wonder .....

Yep , not clear about that. Maybe the vignale 🤔. Cost the same as the ST afaik 

3 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Yep , not clear about that. Maybe the vignale 🤔. Cost the same as the ST afaik 

I didn't find the price list. Just the spec sheets.

Will look later after work 👍

• Like 2

The digital dash and sync4 infotainment I’ll need to see a proper review of. The Golf 8 dash looks better but 100 menus doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better. The attachment that Alexp kindly posted lists a lot of features but not clear what’s standard in what model and what will be available in packs. 

• Like 1

I have literally just ordered a Focus ST (MY2021 model) from the dealership last week, and from reading the comments this may be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer the current model. The headlights on the facelift look like a SEAT Leon. I do like the new updated rear LED lights and the new front grill if I’m honest, but that huge screen in the middle looks like an Ipad and I hate the fact they have integrated the likes of the climate control buttons and what not into the screen. I watched carwow’s video on the new MK8 golf who done the same thing and even that Mat Watson said it was one of the worst things they changed, it just made it awkward to find and select what you needed.

Also according to the spec sheet, the new facelift focus ST will come with 18 inch alloys as standard instead of the 19 inch wheels they offered as standard as the current ST model, and made the 19 inch alloys into a optional extra? Interesting. 

The outgoing Mk4 had 18s listed as standard with 19 as optional on the press release too, but got to remember that these PRs cover all of Europe. Each country's local Ford HQ sets the actual standard equipment and for the UK, the MK4 had 19" as standard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The outgoing Mk4 had 18s listed as standard with 19 as optional on the press release too, but got to remember that these PRs cover all of Europe. Each country's local Ford HQ sets the actual standard equipment and for the UK, the MK4 had 19" as standard.

Ah yes actually forgot about that, hopefully the do offer people the 19s as standard.

Wow! An even bigger touchscreen! 

Just reading that Focus sales are down 49% so far this year, wondering if this facelift will make much difference.

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Wow! An even bigger touchscreen! 

Just reading that Focus sales are down 49% so far this year, wondering if this facelift will make much difference.

It's not really fair to look at stats in the last 18 months. They can't even build the things to sell to people with the chip shortage.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

They can't even build the things to sell to people with the chip shortage.

Quite so, Alex. Apparently the Golf and other mid-sized hatches have been similarly hit but it doesn't as yet seem clear if it's just the chip thing or part of the market  shift towards EVs and/or SUVs - but don't EVs also have a lot of chips?

One thing that did make me smile was seeing the delivery time for a new Fiesta quoted in the press as 5 months - mine took 6 months back in 2017/18 - problem then was seat materials.

• Like 1

I definitely like the face more it looks a bit meaner now, I really don't like the current face it looks too happy,
Everyone is doing the big screen thing so no surprise there, but I don't like losing physical buttons.
I can see ST owners removing that front Ford badge, aftermarket grills will be popular if the badge doesn't come of cleanly.

• Like 1

Defo a lot chunkier looker and mean. Prefer that to the pre looks miles better 😁

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:21 AM, alexp999 said:

If you thought it looked like an Ipad stuck to the dash before.... 😅

Power button placement seems odd, like they were trying to find buttons to fill the void left by the climate controls.

Yeah, that massive screen is a massive downside for me!  I don't like any screen there but at least in the PFL it was round edged to appear part of the car rather than an afterthought! :laugh: 

I reckon the power button is part of cost cutting.  Shorter loom right near other electronics and easier to swap to RHD.

• Like 1

Just noticed no dial gear selector. Will this mean no remote engine start? 

Can't say I'm keen on the face lift. Looks flat fronted and the top edge of the grill looks higher. 

Paul

Looks like a SEAT Leon 

speaking of SEAT Leon 😄 back in 2010 when i joined the forum; there was a moderator whom just simply hated me for no reason; cant remember his name now, but he had a fiesta then changed for a SEAT Leon, 

he debagged it after i made a point of telling him he now had a car bearing the first four letters of my name 🤣

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Just noticed no dial gear selector. Will this mean no remote engine start? 

Shouldn't do. As long as you are in Park, obviously.

Auto parking won't be fully autonomous though, as it won't be able to select gears. 

I wonder why back to a gear stick. Jaguar/Land Rover did the same afaik 

The Focus ST Auto seems to have kept the dial. Maybe it will depend on the engine chosen?

Could the EU version be different to the UK version ? Hence why its showing a gear stick and not the dial for the autos ?

11 minutes ago, Wino said:

Could the EU version be different to the UK version ? Hence why its showing a gear stick and not the dial for the autos ?

Not normally. Differences by country are usually just cosmetic, or different features. The main mechanicals are consistent.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club