Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Artificial Engine Noise Cabin Amplifier

CyberJamSam

So does the MK3.5 focus amplify any of the engine / exhaust frequencies within the cabin?

(1.5 Petrol Ecoboost 6-speed manual)

If so, how to delete from the face of the earth?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CyberJamSam said:

If so, how to delete from the face of the earth?

Have a look at the radio in the center of the dash - turn the volume up LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CyberJamSam said:

So does the MK3.5 focus amplify any of the engine / exhaust frequencies within the cabin?

Only the ST afaik.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

turn the volume up🤣

Haha that only works for so long 😆

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Only the ST afaik.

Ok cool, this is good information, thank you!

Amplifying engine noise into the cabin , I actually thought that was an urban myth ! It’s been a committee of boy racers that thought that up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad to see mine isn't the only noisy one. Looks like there isn't much sound insulation. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, langy said:

Glad to see mine isn't the only noisy one. Looks like there isn't much sound insulation. 

I've spotted some sound deadening material behind the side panels between the front doors and the front bumper, and there's material under the bonnet, but I think some Dynamat might help? 

16 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Only the ST afaik.

The MK3.5 ST-Line and Titanium S trim levels did also have the fake engine noise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The MK3.5 ST-Line and Titanium S trim levels did also have the fake engine noise.

Never knew that- thought it was ST only, never seen a mention of it in reviews of other versions.

Is it the "sound symposer" used in the ST and is that on both 150 and 182ps models? If so presumably deleting it would be a similar procedure to the ST?

It can probably be turned off with FORScan. It can definitely be disabled on the Mk4. The settings are in the ACM (audio control module). 

FEEC93B3-D453-4A10-B623-BC9E1B5102C4.jpeg

On 10/15/2021 at 11:43 AM, JW1982 said:

Titanium S? Is that X? Mines a Titanium X, does this mean I have the engine noise enhancement or not? Also I'm having major issues with FORscan to the point where I've spent nearly £100 on different adapters and nothing is bringing up more than just a few modules, but that's another story

Titanium S (Sport) was a trim level that was available in many European Countries. It is basically the Titanium trim level with the same body kit as the ST-Line. Being based on the Titanium trim level the Titanium S can be seen as the predecessor of the ST-Line X.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:26 PM, Alex.S said:

Amplifying engine noise into the cabin , I actually thought that was an urban myth ! It’s been a committee of boy racers that thought that up. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Prices start from €1895!!

🤣

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Prices start from €1895!!

🤣

same price as the Vauxhall Corsa with a full tank of petrol and Paul Walker tribute decal,

Coming to a McDonald's Dive-Tru near you soon. 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club