Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New member and a couple of Q's

Danblez

Hi folks,

Just dipped my toe in the world of the Focus and I must say I love it. It's a 1.8TDCi (52 plate) which is quick, comfortable, refined and handles really well. Why on earth am I telling YOU this I don't know as I am sure you all know but I am VERY impressed :lol:

I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with as new car paranoia is strong with me. First of all the coolant resovoir has two small diameter pipes coming out of the top and one seems to be constantly pouring water into the tank. Not seen this before and wondered if it is normal and OK?

Also there seems to be quite a bit of noise from the cambelt side of the engine kind of a rattling noise. Doesn't sound bad but is noticeable over the normal diesel noises is this normal and what is it?

Really looking forward to joining in with the forum you seem like a good bunch

Cheers

Dan

the water reservoir acts as an expansion tank for the radiator water will flow into it when the engine is hot and then return when cool as long as it is not overfilled this is normal.the noise from the belt could be the aux belt pully or tensioner they are renound for rumberling on the mondeo,it could be the same with the focus get it checked out as it could collapses if worn

Hi and welcome to FOC, hope you find it a knowledgable place

Cheers fpr the replies folks much appreciated, am going to the local ford garage to pick up some mats and touch up paint at lunch so will ask them to have a listen to the noise!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club