Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus ST 2.3 Run In Period

AP1878

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask any fellow ST owners a question.

So I have just placed an order for my new Focus ST 2.3L ecoboost. I take delivery in November and this is my first time owning and driving the ST version, but I have always driven a Ford. My question is does anyone know if the new ST requires a run-in/breaking in period from new? Or if any enthusiasts could share some knowledge on how to drive for the first few hundred miles or so?

I currently drive the Focus 1.5T ST-Line X 182PS, and I know this probably sounds abit stupid, as its not the most high performance engine out there, but even with this I done kind of a breaking in period myself, kept it below 4K revs for the first 500 miles.

Any input would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

No more than any other car. Just stick to what the manual says and make sure even after, that it’s properly warmed up before you give it full beans.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alexp999 said:

No more than any other car. Just stick to what the manual says and make sure even after, that it’s properly warmed up before you give it full beans.

Thanks a bunch mate, much appreciated.

13 hours ago, AP1878 said:

So I have just placed an order for my new Focus ST 2.3L ecoboost. I take delivery in November

Have they said in which year ? 🤣

• Haha 2

If it’s the PFL it will already be built I’d have thought. 

When I worked in the motor industry, at one stage I was in charge of work schedules on development test beds.

We used to have new engines fresh off the assembly line to install on the test beds and run in for later assessment.

There was an approved load and speed schedule to complete this running in.

It always amazed me how little time it took. The schedule specified timings for light load, followed by moderate load and speed, then a burst of full load through the speed range all in short order. I would never have considered doing anything like this when I was running in one of these engines in my new car!

After that I had little respect for all this running in nonsense.

All I can say to Aaron, the OP, is to follow the instructions in the handbook then remember the above.

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 4:15 PM, unofix said:

Have they said in which year ? 🤣

😂😂 speaking the truth mate, it’s rough out there! Delivery date is November 30th this year (was surprised myself) from factory, I ordered the PFL model with a few options on it, fella at the dealership rang me last week to tell me the new facelift had been announced and I if I wanted to I could switch my order to that instead, but he estimated the delivery was going to be around April - May which I expected, so decided to stay with the current model.

I’ll be honest I’m not the biggest fan just yet of the facelift, dont like the new headlights which I think it looks like a SEAT, not into the massive SYNC 4 screen either and the removal of the buttons for your climate and such, but I do like the new grill. Probably will grow on me eventually though.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club