Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 Map Update

LesH2109

Hello. Just acquired a 2019 Ford Fiesta ST Line. I have successfully updated the Sync 3 to build 3.4.21194 and maps from F7 to F10 using SUST-14G381-ET and Map_23667292796  of 21.9 Gb but when I updated the Ford Servers I was told of another Map update Map_9152262382 of 8.4 Gb. I queried with Ford on the Chat line and was told it was a supplement.

I then updated my car with this and got an Update Complete message. However, I left the USB stick in while I checked About Sync to see what had altered but found no changes and then got a System Updating message again. Does anyone know whether this is doing the same update process again and should I have taken out the USB stick straightaway? Thanks

I would expect that it has not finished. Once it has, it will confirm it has done so by not updating so I would leave the stick in for a while. As you are on Maps F10 already, there will be little to see. Just wait for it to tell you it has finished. I would expect the supplement to bring a different firmware issue but that is not guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on problem. The problem of updating Map_9152262382 persisted and would go in an endless loop. I thought I had solved this on my last attempt by putting a fresh USB stick with the Interrogator_AD files after the Key cycle prompt was executed. This got the update successful message and created an xml log file on the stick. I then updated the Ford Servers successfully. The following day I thought I would check that everything was OK and the Ford Server gave another map update Map_8630403397 of 7.97 gb. I downloaded the file and extracted it onto a freshly formatted exfat USB stick. When I tried to do the update in the car I got an Error code: MEM_ERR01. I have tried it again on a different USB memory stick and get the same error.

I have searched on the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem but did not find anything with this Error message but that may be down to my search wording. I assume that the error message is stating that my car's memory is full or corrupt. Any ideas on how I can resolve this? If it means doing a type of factory reset that will probably take my car back from maps F10 to F7. How do I let Ford Servers know that I have reset to go through the process of updating from scratch again? Sorry if this has been covered before somewhere.

The error is because there is not enough memory available. The system needs to wipe the old maps to install the new ones. I really do not bother with Ford's way of doing this. It often has the user friendship of an anti personnel mine. Have a read of the Cyanlabs site. I have done at least six updates including repartitioning the internal drive and everything always goes fine. Their maps are exactly the same file as Ford's but they have a loader that is much more reliable. Ford are great at making motorcars, less so at software installation tools.

I recommend the Cyanlabs method too, it worked very well for me.

I wish though you could update your maps without loosing your stored favourite destinations each time- it's a pain putting them all back in!

Unfortunately, they are in the part of the drive that handles the volatile data. The destination you stored  remembers a pinpoint on the map file. When the map is reloaded, that memory address is first lost, then replaced with the new one which will not, in all probability be the same - so it's got to go!

• Like 1

I have started the download of the map update from Cyanlabs. I assume that their new Updater checks whether My20 APIM exists because I never got asked that question that was mentioned in their Tutorial pages. My car is 2019 and so it it won't apply anyhow. The Ford version was only going to update 4U5T-14G422-BAF.tar.gz, 4U5T-14G422-BBF.tar.gz, 4U5T-14G422-BCF.tar.gz, 4U5T-14G422-BDF.tar.gz, GB5T-14G386-AD.tar.gz and LU5T-14G386-CA.tar.gz but the Cyanlabs version has 1UST files too.

However, I thought I would contact Ford about their update to get their input. They said that it was only a residual update and it would be easier to skip it and await a further update when it became available.

As I have F10 maps currently I think I will just leave things as they are. When F11 becomes available I will then decide whether to go with Ford or Cyanlabs.

Thanks to both of you for your advice and help

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club