Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nut size without nut cover

Bazbluebadge

Hi all. I'm running a 57 plate zetec. Some of the nut covers have fell off of my wheel nuts so the supplied wheel brace won't remove them. Does anyone know what size it drops down to without the covers? Cheers

18mm without the foil;

changed all my 19mm nuts and lock key to aftermarket 

1 hour ago, Bazbluebadge said:

Hi all. I'm running a 57 plate zetec. Some of the nut covers have fell off of my wheel nuts so the supplied wheel brace won't remove them. Does anyone know what size it drops down to without the covers? Cheers

18mm without the foil;

changed all my 19mm nuts and lock key to aftermarket 

797104126_nutcovers.thumb.JPG.eb17240849073e0b08dc9e08369c3090.JPG

Try Demon Tweeks - search "TPI SD Tuner Style Wheel Nuts & Lockers - Closed End Type"

No stock in for 10 days though, but they are good quality have a set on my Focus.

Without the metal cover they become what they were originally --  7/16 BSW

Ok. So I've looked on eBay for a 18mm wheel brace, but theyre all 17,19,21 mm 🤔 how do I get round it

40 minutes ago, Bazbluebadge said:

how do I get round it

With out the cap on the nuts are NOT metric they are British Standard Whitworth

7/16 BSW

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141093085405?hash=item20d9cda0dd:g:WQ0AAOxyIYhSYAPz     £3.69

No. Those are plastic covers to fit over a 19mm nut.

• Like 1

Ok. Can you get the wheel nut caps anywhere? If not I'll have to go the breaker bar/socket route. Cheers

2 hours ago, unofix said:

With out the cap on the nuts are NOT metric they are British Standard Whitworth

7/16 BSW

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141093085405?hash=item20d9cda0dd:g:WQ0AAOxyIYhSYAPz     £3.69

I think you've got confused here. A 7/16 socket is smaller than 12mm, there's no way the head is that small without the cap. The threads themselves are M12, and the thread wouldn't magically change when the cap falls off. Not sure where you've got this Whitworth thing from.

The actual socket you need is an 18mm. The cap is hardened, where as the 18mm nut underneath is very soft in comparison. You have to be careful you don't slip and round that nut off as it's very easy to do.

14 minutes ago, Bazbluebadge said:

Ok. Can you get the wheel nut caps anywhere? If not I'll have to go the breaker bar/socket route. Cheers

The caps aren't meant to be separate so no.  You can buy brand new nuts with caps on them from various shops.  Just make sure you get the old style ones like this, not the newer global nuts with the extra lump on top.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheel-Nut-Fits-Ford-Febi-Bilstein-46674-Single-/183304152563

3 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I think you've got confused here. A 7/16 socket is smaller than 12mm,

Hi @Luke4efc , a 7/16 AF socket is indeed smaller than 12mm, but that is why I said that it is British Standard Whitworth. Hence 7/16 BSW which is 18.03mm

DSC_0143.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club