Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 0-60 acceleration? Finding conflicting information

gdzll

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a Mk6 Ford Fiesta.

It's an automatic transmission, 1.6 petrol in the Style Climate 5dr trim.

I can't seem to find an official figure for the acceleration. Autotrader.co.uk says its 9.9 sec whereas some other sources (Parkers.co.uk) say its 11 sec for this trim.

Where could I find the best and final answer for this so that I can go into the purchase confidently?

Thanks for the help, appreciated!!

! Do you like the car? Then buy it. The 0-60 time of a ten year old automatic shopping trolley hatchback really does not matter because if it did, you' d buy something else.

Good point haha - I am just hung up on it because I used to have a large 1.6 that was torture when overtaking. But seems that 1 second doesn't really matter in the end lol

I have looked at a Mk6 fiesta Brochure, (dated Sept 2005) that I have and this is what I found.

1.6 Durotec 100ps Durashift auto Trans:  11.0 sec

1.6 Durotec 100ps (Zetec S) : 9.0 sec

1.6 Durotec 100ps - 10.2 sec

There is a note that says all figures are for 5 speed manual, unless otherwise stated. So I'd imagine your car does 0-60 in 11 seconds. It will be the older 4 speed auto box. My Brother had a 2006 1.6 auto in Ghia trim and liked it. It was quick enough for him. They are good cars.

IMG-20211018-125921427-2.jpg

Good they may be but they are also old. It would be unwise to expect it to perform like a new 'un.

12 minutes ago, gdzll said:

I am just hung up on it because I used to have a large 1.6 that was torture when overtaking.

The 0-60 figures are pretty irrelevant in overtaking. If you're concerned about that you need to be looking at acceleration times in or through the gears, or in kickdown if you're looking at automatics.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club