Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Very Off Topicness ...

Nug878

Well I just had my last journey in my Focus.

It's been sold now, to my neighbour actually. The family own the massive house on the side of the estate with a BMW X5, Nissan Navara, BMW 5-Series and a Ford Galaxy on the drive. But they wanted a "cheap run around" to get back and fore to Bristol as the wife's X5 was costing them a fortune. £1,300 was obviously pocket money to him as I said "do you want me to pop the bonnet so you can have a look?"

To which he replied (and I'm not joking): "You can but I haven't got a clue about cars, it sounds ok, looks alright. So I'll buy it."

And pulled out £100 as a deposit and we are signing over tomorrow.

Last week though I was on about getting a Land Rover. But I've changed my mind now and want a classic Mini. But for £1,300 I won't get a good one so I've had to sacrifice my Focus, in order to save money, for the cheapest, and most basic car I can get.

Before I tell you what it is I'll just tell you the reasons I'm buying it:

- For me, a 19 year old with 3 points and a country lane collision under my belt... Insurance is a killer. This car costs me £900/year fully comp. As opposed to £1,800/year TPF+T for my Focus.

- Now I don't go to college in Cardiff anymore (30 miles away), I only do about 5 miles a day back and fore to work. And the odd 50 mile journeys to Bridgend/Merthyr Tydfil. And on another forum someone else owns one of these claiming 70 miles on £5 of petrol.

- Not much to go wrong. Cheap parts. £19 tyres each.

So right, here's where my dignity commits suicide because tomorrow, I'm going to look at a car in Plymouth, and most probably to buy it ... Don't laugh! ...

... A Fiat Panda.

My link

Basically, a new MOT always is a good sign for me on a used car. So I emailed the seller asking if he was open to an offer to sell it before auction ended. He emailed me back saying he wants minimum of £375 for it but would be happy to sell it ASAP. So then I rang him, with some research under my belt about the car's common problems. He said there's no oil leaks (main problem with the engine), and all rust has just been welded up to get through the MOT (other main problem). It's also had 4 new tyres.

But when I say it's basic, it's BASIC. It has an analog clock and an ashtray ... That's it!

But when I want to save up for something I'll do whats necessary.

I just hope it'll take me home when I buy it... The 1.0 engine hamster under the bonnet needs to take me 135 miles back to Wales. :unsure:

Well, i actually like!

for the price it's good and its very sweet. Get it!!!

And it has a really cool numberplate!!!!

jeaaaaaaaaaalous....

It's definitely unique eh? I don't mind looks so I'll be happy with it if it's a good runner.

I love the plate! (K67 TTT) Might look into transferring it though, see if I can make some money? Don't know much about transfers though so need to research more.

And it took me a while to find a picture of an interior on these but found one.

Think of it as minimalistic!

Interior

It's a bit of a mare trying to get a new plate for a car.

My mate's dad bought a car with a private plate on that meant nothing to him so he had to get a brand new plate registered as they couldn't put the original one on for some reason. I'd keep it on if i were you!

Mileage looks good too! Keep us updated on FB or here, i want lots of pictures!

Also i bet giving it a good clay, cleanse and polish and wax it would look blingin.

Also, you're still very welcome to Alton Towers! :D

That actually looks wicked!!!!

Oh cool I was thinking about Alton Towers today.

Yeah it's had 4 owners so I'd say it's had a pretty easy life. I'm actually really fond of it and I haven't even seen it yet! I think it's the simplicity of it and the fact I haven't seen one in years that I like best lol.

And you're actually the only one I know so far who actually likes it lol.

it's because i am WICKED

Will miss the Focus though. Very nice car and had a lot of good memories in it.

Going to be hard seeing it across the road and not being able to drive it!

I bet it will be rather odd seeing it!!

Seems like a good call really after you've laid the reasons out. My brother had a panda for years and loved it - they're a doddle to fix if anything goes wonky.

Looks a nice little run around plus it sounds cheap to run etc one thing tho i would have to put seat covers over the seats don't like them but the end of the day that your taste good luck in the view tomorrow :)

I can't stick the seat fabric. No point in covering them though because the dashboard is covered in the same fabric lol.

Seems like a good call really after you've laid the reasons out. My brother had a panda for years and loved it - they're a doddle to fix if anything goes wonky.

You surprise me, i thought you would have been the first one to jump on Luke and call him Belinda!

I can't stick the seat fabric. No point in covering them though because the dashboard is covered in the same fabric lol.

i like the fabric!!

LOL!

My Mum's boyfriend has already called me a puff.

But truth is I'm not shallow. :)

The old Pandas are wicked, just make sure you drive it like an Italian!

My dad had one about 20 years ago that we all used to go on holiday in ... all 7 of us! Not quite sure how that worked. :D

I hired one once on holiday for one day – that was enough for me, sorry but I thought it was pants. :(

Best of luck driving it 130 miles in one go, I look forward to reading how it goes but I would advise to check the oil about half way and take some spare water for the radiator if the weather is warm. :unsure:

Already got some oil and water to take up with us. :D

Just got to wait for the guy buying my Focus to ring me and actually pay for the car otherwise I can't do anything. :angry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club