Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery timescale

Nic1987

On 10/25/2021 at 1:46 PM, rayferry said:

I ordered a Kuga three weeks ago and was told possibly mid February to early March.

I collected my Kuga today probably six weeks earlier than I thought all good.

I ordered the ST X feb 2021 and still not had it, can’t give me an ETA and tonight saw an article online that Ford now aren’t producing diesel kugas anymore, has anyone who has ordered one been told they weren’t going to receive their order and had to change to a petrol engine instead? If so did it affect the deal you had made? I’m slightly stressed now that I will never get the car I ordered and that I’m being fobbed off 

That's strange I ordered a diesel Kuga 2.0 ltr 190PS in September 2021 Ford said they will honour all diesel orders taken before the cut off date which was the 17th November 2021. I hopefully will have a build date this March or April 2022.

I also ordered the following packs for my Kuga, drivers assistance pack, technology pack, and the wireless charging pad. In Agate Black. 

That's strange I ordered a diesel Kuga 2.0 ltr 190PS in September 2021 Ford said they will honour all diesel orders taken before the cut off date which was the 17th November 2021. I hopefully will have a build date this March or April 2022.

I also ordered the following packs for my Kuga, drivers assistance pack, technology pack, and the wireless charging pad. In Agate Black. 

Heard you the first time !  😉 

Good choice of car. Is that the MHEV ?

Sorry about the double message, not sure what happened there. No it's not the MHEV it's just diesel.

22 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Sorry about the double message, not sure what happened there. No it's not the MHEV it's just diesel.

So AWD ?  That’s what I’ve got. 

On 10/22/2021 at 12:20 PM, Nic1987 said:

Hi Everyone,

I ordered my new Kuga 5 weeks ago and was told to expect it by the end of November but end of December would be the latest. Any one who has ordered the new Kuga in this last year how long from order to delivery was it for you? I don't know if they are being honest with the dates as on the forms the date was Feb 22 but they assured me it wouldn't be that date... Interested to hear how long it took for others to take delivery of their cars with all that is going on with the semiconductor shortages. 🙂

I ordered my new Kuga PHEV st x on the 6th August 2021 and I was contacted by my dealer 2 weeks ago to say my car had been built and would be shipped from Valencia and I should probably get it by the middle of March.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I'm still waiting for my ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS, with the drivers assistance pack and the technology pack also wirless charging pad.

I was meant to get a build date for it in January 2022. The dealer did phone me and said no news hopefully I (the dealer) said I will have a build date for you. In March or April. I ordered it at the beginning September 2021.

That’s exactly what I have. Love the car. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Kuga in September 2021. ST Line, X pack, AWD, diesel 8 speed automatic with tow bar. Dealer still can’t give me a delivery date. 

On 11/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, Clarky94 said:

I ordered a PHEV  4th September 2021 - not heard a dicky bird about the progress was advised by dealer most likely Feb/March not sure how they know that - if we got to mid Jan i would want to hold off for a 22 plate do they reqister the cars before you sign the finance paperwork 

update - contacted by dealer Jan 30th 2022 and advised they have a build date and the car should be at the dealers end of March 2022 fingers crossed 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 8:56 PM, Mad Dog said:

Yes I'm still waiting for my ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS, with the drivers assistance pack and the technology pack also wirless charging pad.

I was meant to get a build date for it in January 2022. The dealer did phone me and said no news hopefully I (the dealer) said I will have a build date for you. In March or April. I ordered it at the beginning September 2021.

I ordered back in august for my ford kuga st line fhev   auto and still waiting with no news that’s now 8 months waiting

I ordered my STLineX PHEV on 29th August 2021.  I was given various build dates and finally early January 2022. It was built as told but there it stayed and finally arrived in UK first week of  March. Now await delivery to me sometime this month. Lack of info from Ford is frustrating. 

• 1 month later...

I ordered a Kuga ST line X FHEV at the start of December 2021 and haven’t got a build date yet. Not sure how long it will be. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my new Ford Kuga Mk3 Vignale PHEV in Luci Red on 24 Jan 2022 and on order form estimated delivery was August/September this year.  I had heard nothing since then when out of the blue I received an email (13 May) to say my new Kuga had arrived at a UK Port and was awaiting delivery to PDI centre for preparation and delivery.  I have now a delivery date 31st May getting excited once more and feel very lucky when others are having to wait for their cars.

• 3 months later...

My partner ordered her Kuga st line + hybrid on January 4th and was told she would receive it  July at the latest, still not been built and the ford dealership won’t  give her an actual date only saying you should get by June 2023!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

23MY Kuga ST line X Edition FHEV 2.5 CVT Agate black / 20'' 5x2 spoke alloys / Winter pack / Technology pack / Drivers assistance pack

Picked up my new car yesterday to replace my previous FHEV, this was a cancelled order by a customer so didn't provisionally order

Having previously had a 22MY Kuga ST line X Edition FHEV I know what to expect, I sold my last one having done 9,000 miles since November last year with 2,600 being ALL electric.

Best features for me are the silent remote start from the ford pass app, allowing you to start up the cars internal features including the heated windscreen, climate control, front and rear heated seats plus the heated steering wheel. I have set this to auto on the in car settings with a 10 minute switch off. The instant power from the electric start is great, depending on your speed it isn't long before the engine kicks in. The battery seems to work on speeds up to 50 mph with controlled acceleration and then assists the combustion on the motorway for up to 5 miles.

Again couple of MY changes from my previous models;

No B&O badges on door pad Speakers just sub woofer on dash. (probably a MY cost saving or shortage).

New door pad design.

Deletion of internal tailgate light (probably a MY cost saving or shortage).

Re added the USB-C port plus additional USB.

Gesture tailgate has been deleted - does anyone know if this is anything to do with the semi conductor shortages? It still has the electric tailgate.

Looking through the new brochure I've noticed from 16th September 2022 you can add the ST line/ST line X black pack which includes black body styling elements (mirrors caps, front lower fascia, upper tailgate section, hinge cover, shark fin, spoiler), Black KUGA lettering, black ST line badge & 20'' black performance alloys all for a £500 option.

Hope this helps 

Michael

So I’m not up on my hybrids, but a FHEV is a petrol engine which has self charging battery assistance and you don’t plug it in at all ?   I’m now wondering what the benefit of a PHEV is if you can do roughly a quarter of your mileage on electric only with a FHEV. I was under the impression that the PHEV could only do around 35 miles tops on electric only from a single charge. 

Benefit of a PHEV was charging on cheap electric over night (not so cheap now) and always running on battery power alone if you only do short journeys in 30mph areas.

FHEV has to run a petrol engine in order to charge the battery.  Fine if you regularly drive at speed, but doesn't really work for people doing mostly urban drives.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Benefit of a PHEV was charging on cheap electric over night (not so cheap now) and always running on battery power alone if you only do short journeys in 30mph areas.

Plus in some cases benefits in the form of lower VED and particularly BIK compared to petrol/diesel for company car users.

PHEV seems to becoming somewhat discredited lately as government is waking up to the fact that some people have been getting them purely for the tax benefits and never plug them in. Self-defeating from an economy/emissions viewpoint as you are then lugging round an even heavier battery than with an FHEV, but if they are lucky enough to get their fuel bills paid, why should they care?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club