Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Fiesta Mk 8 electric power steering problems

Sue Bennison

When travelling along moderately straight roads sometimes going round a very slight right or left hand curve the steering feels like the power of the steering isn't working for a split second and then it clicks in and works. It only happens occasionally but has been doing this for a few weeks - yesterday about 6 times in 60 miles. Has anyone else experienced this?

Has anything changed recently? New tyres? Tracking done etc.? I used to get the same feeling on certain sections of road on my Mk8 with 17" 205/45/17 XL summer tyres due to tramlining effect of the camber/poor quality of the roads. Since switching to new all season tyres the feeling has gone away due to the larger/softer/different tread depth/pattern reducing the effect of tramlining. Might be that?

I would describe the feeling the same as you when it used to happen.

Thanks Pete, the tyres are the original tyres, well worn after 32,000 miles, and we will look into that.

• 6 months later...

I noticed similar issues and read your post when I was searching for solutions! I had my car checked by 3 garages who were stumped for an answer as it was an intermittent fault. My husband then suggested turning the "lane assist" setting off... So far so good! 

32,000 miles with original tyres on the front?  They must be bald mustn’t they? I can understand back ones ok at that mileage but not the front

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club