Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIESTA MK5 - PLEASE HELP

bikerlad

Hi,

I have just bought a fiesta MK5 for a good price, 2000 plate with only 60k miles for my son.

It has two problems,

1) The drivers door lock, locks fine with the key, but wont open - they key just wont turn the other way... I have sprayed with WD40 and even started to take the inner door off to take alook but couldnt get it off.... wasnt sure how you got the window winder off. Any ideas what could be wrong with it?

2) The car has no heater, it worked slightly but the thermostat valve leaked so i put new thermostat in and gasket blead the system, now I have no heater at all. - have tried the old thermostat blead it god knows how many times, and nothing. been a month now so now so self bleeding aint helped it. Could it be the heater control valve thing ( under the window) ? also what its proper name.

Any help much appreciated, son off to uni so want it to be right for him.

Cheers

Not sure about the heater mate but to get the winder offf the door i think i'm right in saying that just behind the winder there is a little surclip that you need to pop off before the handle will come off. Hope this helps and welcome to FOC

nearly always a faulty heater valve,very common fault,but i have had a few where the heater control panel is at fault.check to see if you have 12v at the heater valve plug with ignition on and heater temp control on hot.

welcome to foc

nearly always a faulty heater valve,very common fault,but i have had a few where the heater control panel is at fault.check to see if you have 12v at the heater valve plug with ignition on and heater temp control on hot.

welcome to foc

thanks

With regard to the key locking but not unlocking: It might be that he door lock has been replaced and uses a different key. This model uses the Tibbes type key - all Tibbes keys will perform the lock function on any similarly equipped car but not the unlock. Just a thought!

As the previous poster said - the heater could well be the electronic valve which is prone to seizing on this model Fiesta. Ka's and Transits use the same one. I've replaced them with pattern ones from eBay.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club