Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Long To Wait

Tony1

7 hours ago, Roy McCully said:

No content

Whats got no content ? :confused1:

Still waiting for a delivery date for mine, it will be 6 months on 13th.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a EcoBoost Hybrid mHEV ST-Line on 18th January.  In May I was told they didn’t have a build date yet and would be latter end of year for delivery.  Going to ring again next week and see if there are any updates - anybody else had updates on their waits? Thanks

No update to my wait.

It seems as if Ford are being quite evasive in giving out information and what is happening, maybe not so much from the dealers.  From the threads, and my experience, the dealers are not being particularly proactive to keep us informed without concrete information but will reply, even if not comital to dates.

Surely in this day and age of logistics, from raising an order, then this can be traced to how far through the manufacturing process the order has progressed. So, is the car I have ordered been built, where is it, is it at the factory or somewhere in the transport chain, on a transporter, on a dock or in a dealership? What needs to be done, microprocessor X, Y, Z to be fitted and software upgrade 1, 2, 3, to be implemented?

Could this be shared to customers, although at the order stage I guess there are no customer rights?

This out of curiosity not meant as a complaint of Ford as I expect all manufacturers are experiencing these problems, but in this day of super information this must exist somewhere, but the willingness to share could be something else?

22 minutes ago, Chris Ross said:

Surely in this day and age of logistics, from raising an order, then this can be traced to how far through the manufacturing process the order has progressed. So, is the car I have ordered been built, where is it, is it at the factory or somewhere in the transport chain, on a transporter, on a dock or in a dealership? What needs to be done, microprocessor X, Y, Z to be fitted and software upgrade 1, 2, 3, to be implemented?

There are over 30,000 individual parts / sub assemblies that go in to a typical car these days. Having said that take for example just the little screen wash pump. That gets counted as 1 item, but in fact is made up of over 30 sub parts all of which are critical to the manufacture of the pump.

It is interesting that Mazda can offer me a delivery of September for a CX30. I haven’t research to what other brands delivery dates are.

30 minutes ago, Chris Ross said:

It is interesting that Mazda can offer me a delivery of September for a CX30. 

Some positive comments on Mazda on other threads aroused my interest and I noted that the local dealership had several vehicles available from group stock, including 3 CX30s.

So we are now into August, has anybody had updates from their dealers, nothing from mime?

On 7/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Some positive comments on Mazda on other threads aroused my interest and I noted that the local dealership had several vehicles available from group stock, including 3 CX30s.

Yes, the local dealer contacted me last week to say they had some in stock, if I was to agree I could in theory take delivery tomorrow, just the red tape. I’ll wait for the new reg.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi I order the vignale yeaterday and have been told by the dealership it will be march!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club