Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Headlamps

macs

I have a 07 plate Focus TDCi Zetec Climate and according to ETIS it should have auto headlamps problem is i don't know where the switch would be for it, if indeed my car is fitted with them.

Anyone know how to switch the auto headlamps on?

thanks

I have a 07 plate Focus TDCi Zetec Climate and according to ETIS it should have auto headlamps problem is i don't know where the switch would be for it, if indeed my car is fitted with them.

Anyone know how to switch the auto headlamps on?

thanks

ide have thought the clue was in the name auto headlampos if you have them fitted they will switch on automatically im assuming ive looked at the spec sheet on parkers website and it doies not state auto headlights as even an option on the car so ide say if they dont switch on themselves and you have the stalk to turn the headlights on manually you dont have them

On the headlamp switch there shoudl be a lil pic for sidelights, headlights and then one futher on from these two, the 3rd is auto headlamps.

You can also tell if your car had the sensor just behind the rearview mirror (cant explain it but you'll know if you get out and look)

Mike

This is my dads st220 mondeo with auto lights notice the marks on thw switch, the dial is also in the auto postion hope this helps

post-9491-12760133856_thumb.jpg

Only the Ghia, Titanium and ST models have auto headlights

(I don't drive a focus yet I know this, lol)

Only the Ghia, Titanium and ST models have auto headlights

(I don't drive a focus yet I know this, lol)

Thats true but ford do this amazing thing called optional extras :P

Mike

• 1 year later...

I have a 2008 MK2.5 Ford Focus Zetec.... the eTIS also says I have auto headlights.... but no auto headlight switch.

Could this have been removed? (It was an ex-lease car that network rail used)

could this be the get home light??? i.e when you park up and remove key,pull the healight stalk towards you and your headlights come on. after 2-3 mins your headlights automaticly turn off. mines is also listed as having auto lights on the ford site

its unlikely it was removed as theres the switch and sensor auto lights refers to the guide me home function where the lights switch themself off after 1 minute

It's the 5th position on the light switch and it's marked "AUTO" if that's not on your switch then you haven't got "Auto Lights"

• Like 1

Etis also says my 2011 zetec "s" has auto lights but no switch fitted.

Etis also says my 2011 zetec "s" has auto lights but no switch fitted.

I think Ford only fitted "Auto Lights" and "Auto Wipers" to the Ghia and Titanium cars.

Behind your Rear view mirror do you see black wrapped wires leading to a sensor , you can see the sensor from out side the car.If you don't then no Auto headlight's , and like whats been said the switch will have AUTO written when you can turn the switch too

I think Ford only fitted "Auto Lights" and "Auto Wipers" to the Ghia and Titanium cars.

And the Sport.

And the Sport.

Thanks for the update.

• 2 years later...

Just to add for anyone reading, I believe on ETIS:

"Automatic Headlamp Control" relates to headlights having an auto setting on the switch (higher spec models only)

"Auto Headlamps" relates to having the headlights stay on for a period (never tried this myself)

My ETIS spec (Titanium model) has both listed.

But happy to be corrected if this isn't the case...

As above, Auto Headlamps on ETIS refer to get me home lights. As soon as you turn the ignition off, flick the main beam stalk back and they'll stay on for 30seconds.

If your car was fitted with auto headlights (come on when dark) then you'd have "With Automatic Headlamp Control" listed on ETIS along with "With Automatic Windscreen Wiper".

• 6 years later...

Hi. Does anyone know how to retrofit auto headlamps to a mk2 ST225 2007. Is there anything online that you can buy that has a sensor or some type of loom you can hardwire from sensor to switch then lights? 

have a look at the dial, here's a YouTube video that may help, I leave mine on Automatic all the time