Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-Max replacement key.

SiW0020

Hi,

I'm trying to sort a replacement second key for my 2012 S-Max 2.0 Titanium X. Basically the original second got very wet when climbing a mountain recently and now does not work (well it does, but it's having some very strange issues - like dropping all windows when you press a button and randomly reporgramming the 2 push function etc.). 

Anyway, have FORScan, have the reader/programmer module (USB), have a laptop, looking at blanks and slightly confused. I have the push button start model, so have one working key, one not working key, and blank keys are confusing me. I know I need to backup, wipe both keys and re-program. Got instructions. But I have two issues - one the blank key - according to eBay, there are ones with and without an additional OEM chip - which should I go for? How can I tell? Also these are 4D63 fobs - not sure how to tell what my current key fobs are - does anyone know a way, and whether I can identify whether I need the additional OEM chip of not please? Thanks. eBay links below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302761701569?hash=item467e00f0c1:g:PcgAAOSwXudbF7y6

And.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303830200944?hash=item46bdb0f270:g:PcgAAOSwXudbF7y6

Any help greatly appreciated please.

Regards,

SW

Hello @SiW0020 The chip in question is the Passive Transponder. It is quicker and easier if you can just transfer it from your old keyfob to the new one.

If you post a picture of the circuit board of your keyfob (both sides) then I can probably tell you which type you have,

Thank you, I will post in the morning. 

The circuit board was all wet when I took the key apart to work out what was happening, absolutely filled with water. So looks like it's 'toast' - tried drying and PCB cleaner, but no joy. 

TIA,

SW

Hi, 

Images of the keyfob are attached. Thanks for helping!

Regards,

SW

Keyfob1.jpg

Keyfob2.jpg

Keyfob3.jpg

Hi, I would use this one on eBay - Please understand this is only a suggestion and I can not guarantee 100% that it will be ok.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333934706120?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D235113%26meid%3Db715d947b7724435a7a186359cfa8e1b%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D303830200944%26itm%3D333934706120%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv9PairwiseUnbiasedWebCpr08MlcGreedyV6WithPLX&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851&amdata=cksum%3A333934706120b715d947b7724435a7a186359cfa8e1b|enc%3AAQAGAAACEFeQaIfa%2FlS7VzNqUag7xaoiohTCVAKMM3p0Ei7IPYZ%2BU%2FP6xGZ5pmx96J2bxCryUKiFhczZnTG%2BusH6haIHKkIm5pqx89ffjyE6ELwEZP1f%2FVIB0N%2FoZ08h6I%2BcQzVMYHrXOXxFX3b1xbRxuvZ0%2FQZyNnT8QKg%2BLDcGpSeFlvaMz02BBmDPNEgBieK%2Bvj4c8LFWVfoHkb6PIgOdYAHk2quibVJWHBY9BU2gFVwwY5lUGOXGW7EZ7RMgN2x06zu5MSBB16NhVGtU19v4fRP8fj%2F8Wcl5yXS6Dvr0f12UscDSrqfP9JlpmaxpNRPGiOW5sjR8j2wfAvzUiYvd5IoSZEp%2F2UPyUepodirjriUDTYabgKk9z9AFS4yqbQR1i%2BQMWBLRVS0%2BJQBL2rat%2Bwyn%2FZ7i3dWcJ42ifjXWRTivv8Sojg%2BT49AAedNfmvEjLZ7VfEx3qyG%2B91dMUkdJWmGCTpD5cO099ivS7H6TW55F6PE3tqJdkVg1wZK2wPRILoJODF0o1I6E%2BwZ1WlU2CH8g0C89tSlgcvmE6ERwUiDd24TAKOx23ZrpUTzY5XlAL%2Fm6XKO3ZZNeGLVv7kOYBfQN7nyizqbrTp%2FLQDf%2B1OymiyOMJX4749ElaNJ7iSl2pNxvREnWA8RKyHRdHcgb5Lh1ctv5he3KzGdB0kc60O8rC4brQ6OEplyFHpQpyVM3OMYEMw%3D%3D|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2047675

The transponder chip is not on your circuit board so it must be moulded in to the back cover of your keyfob. Swaping the back cover of your old keyfob over should mean there will be no need to programme the security system. you will of course still have to programme the lock/unlock buttons.

Ah, okay would this be it? Found it when separating two parts of plastic back of key fob.....

Key-a.jpg

key-b.jpg

key-c.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent 😀 👍

Thats the transponder chip. All you need to do is transfer that to the new keyfob 🙂

You will still need to programme up the lock / unlock buttons but thats easy !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Excellent 😀 👍

Thats the transponder chip. All you need to do is transfer that to the new keyfob 🙂

You will still need to programme up the lock / unlock buttons but thats easy !!

Brilliant. Okay I'll work out how to do that next then. I have a key fob, do I still need the one you recommend please?

Yes just go with that and swap the transponder chip

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes just go with that and swap the transponder chip

Thank you, brilliant, will do. 😁👍

Thank you, brilliant, will do. 😁👍

Ordered, let's see how easy it turns out to be 😅🤣😂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, so after a load of back and forth ordered a different key - basically the one from the link above ‘got lost in the post by royal mail’ then the seller cancelled the purchase!?!?!? Not being funny, but smell a rat there…..anyway got a second, but can’t get it programmed for the car. Any idea on process anyone please? Believe I can do via some process of pressing start/stop button so many times but no joy. Swapped battery in new fob, but nothing so far…..or have got a rubbish Chinese knock off? Ta……https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124357524385

regards,

Si

Did you swap the transponder chip over from the old key...? 

Yes I did, my chip doesn't seem to show the contacts though, so may be a bit mucky....may try wiping some very fine sandpaper over just to expose contacts.

Shame they don't put an LED in the key fob so you can at least confirm it's working!!

There are no contacts on the transponder chip, it is just a sealed item. They do not require battery power to work.

The battery in the keyfob is only for the remote lock/unlock

• Like 1

Strange then unless the circuit board does not work - does anyone know the process for getting the car to initiate the programming mode? I can see for the key operated vehicles this is turning 0 <> 1 so many times in so many seconds, but can't find ones for push start. 

You should be able to use FORScan to programme the remote operation buttons.

OR option 1:

1. Shut the car doors, then open the driver-side door. Press the UNLOCK button the driver-side door.
  2. Now, turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times. ...
  3. Press any button on the Ford remote to program it. ...
  4. Have more than one key fob? ...
  5. Lastly, turn the ignition OFF.

OR option 2:

1. STEP 1-Turn on the ignition. You should sit in the driver's seat with both the ignition key and the key fob with all doors closed. ...
  2. STEP 2-Press the lock button. ...
  3. STEP 3-Turn off the ignition. ...
  4. STEP 4-Repeat the process with other key fobs. ...
  5. STEP 5-Restart the process.

Hi there, tried this, still no joy. The push button system doesnt' enter the programming mode, not sure why. I will try the Forscan software this weekend. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, need some more help as complete newbie with Forscan software. I connected up to do the pats programme, only to find in need to use RPA service function. If I tried to start the module to backup the config I’m told the secondary firmware file is missing, and the app would retry a download. Not sure of potential impact so didn’t do this.

if I run the RPA service programme I get the menu to add a new spare key (not planning to wipe any of old ones yet), but I can’t find instructions on how to add a spare Push button start key to the system d3spite a search - anyone know of any links or can share how to do this please? If you can share how to backup the RPA config as well as really confused which config file I select to do this. Would prefer to follow some sort of instructions as I don’t do this day in day out 😂

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Si

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club