Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 TDCI DuraTorQ Injection/glow plugs loom.

YBTURBO

ok so car's been fine again since the other day but im looking for some tip's and or advice.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Electrical-Connectors-Assortment-Motorcycle/dp/B08ZSWWCWY/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=car+connector+kit+708&qid=1637886304&qsid=260-6610570-8705328&sr=8-4&sres=B09DKMZLRZ%2CB0978MSFVP%2CB09H3CKPSR%2CB08ZSWWCWY%2CB09JLZ313J%2CB09J2F5R58%2CB09GJYXJK7%2CB09L3RXNWG%2CB082DBK9YQ%2CB09MBWG184%2CB09BVFLGV1%2CB09LY3QZ2J%2CB09LX6XP41%2CB09FSG48PK%2CB09J2F3Z19%2CB096BKCMRX

thats the connectors im looking at anyone know if they will be any good or advice on a make/place to get some decent ones. also any recommendations on a brand of cable to be used would be great. and then lastly any recommendations on a crimper to do the job right.

21 hours ago, YBTURBO said:

thats the connectors im looking at anyone know if they will be any good

They look and sound pretty good. To be honest, I have just used standard chock-block type screw terminals for my add-ons in the engine bay, mostly non-critical, but some are a bit more important like the MAP sensor. I have had problems with rust, and replaced a few, but by and large they do the job. However for Injectors I think something better is called for, and if the advertised connectors are anything like as good as they say and look, they should be fine.

Wire: Any reputable manufacturer will do. Alpha wire & BICC are 2 that come to mind. But wire is quite strictly controlled, and as long as it is traceable to a reputable manufacturer and complies with basic standards, then it will be fine. Go for 105C rating at least though, not the 85C PVC type. Terms like UL, CSA & BS are good to look out for, though only if you are buying via a trustworthy seller! 

My electrical crimping tool is an extremely basic pressed steel job, but it produces reliable and good joints if used carefully. A basic tool used carefully, with some testing to ensure correct crimping, can be much better than a fancy, ratchet type automatic crimper that is not good quality, or is not exactly the right tool for the job. It is a bit different with miniature electronic crimping, you do need the right tool there, but for 1.5mm^2 wire you can see what you are doing quite easily.

well parts not here yet but its update time so guess you all know what that means, yep it went back into limp mode and this time playing with the plug didnt help.

so today is the day it gets butchered and i put a temp connector from cylinder 1 to the loom behind the multi plug.

i did however get a chance to plug in a noid light this time round and no lift at all from it.

so guess if nothing else this will tell me if its the plug/top loom or if its somewhere in the main loom.

will report back later with updates and i'll try remember to take some pics too 😄

1 hour ago, YBTURBO said:

well parts not here yet but its update time so guess you all know what that means, yep it went back into limp mode and this time playing with the plug didnt help.

so today is the day it gets butchered and i put a temp connector from cylinder 1 to the loom behind the multi plug.

i did however get a chance to plug in a noid light this time round and no lift at all from it.

so guess if nothing else this will tell me if its the plug/top loom or if its somewhere in the main loom.

will report back later with updates and i'll try remember to take some pics too 😄

This is what happened to me, for ages I was able to unplug the multi plug, plug it back in, clear the codes and off I went, then one day it decided that wasn't good enough anymore and my replacement loom search went into overdrive, I was planning on doing exactly what you're doing if I wasn't able to find a replacement loom, the Ford designed loom just seems frustratingly bad. 

ok so i'll sort some images in a bit cause they are on my phone but the result is, its NOT the plug so has to be main loom broken somewhere or the ECU, cant see it being the ECU given the way it was/has behaved. either way i plan running cylinder 1 wires down to near the plug on the ECU when my cables and things turn up. if nothing else to confirm the loom issue. this will not beat me and is now deffo getting a custom loom. and on that note anyone know where i can get the connectors for the ECU or what they are called.