Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why do fords have so much more issiue than Vauxhalls

Russell1487

Right bought my first ford Foucs mk2 and wish I had left it where it was I’ve owned Vauxhalls for the last 15 years and haven’t ever had problems like I do with this ford

can someone help me why do the windscreens fill up with water???

my heater will automatically close my recirculation button when I turn the car off if I open it why the car is running as soon as I turn the car off goes into closed mode again why??? Also if I turn the heater on to number 1 a/c turns it self on and if I go over a speed hump turns it self off anyone else got this issiue?? The biggest one is the water inside the car I’ve tried everything to get rid no luck there is no water in the boot but car does smell damp know if one off you guys can’t help me it’s being sold ford maindealers and there parts department are the worst in history as well guys 

You must've bought some right lemon if you think it's worse than a vauxhall 😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Right bought my first ford Foucs mk2 and wish I had left it where it was I’ve owned Vauxhalls for the last 15 years and haven’t ever had problems like I do with this ford

my heater will automatically close my recirculation button when I turn the car off if I open it why the car is running as soon as I turn the car off goes into closed mode again why??? Also if I turn the heater on to number 1 a/c turns it self on and if I go over a speed hump turns it self off anyone else got this issiue?? The biggest one is the water inside the car I’ve tried everything to get rid no luck there is no water in the boot but car does smell damp know if one off you guys can’t help me it’s being sold ford maindealers and there parts department are the worst in history as well guys 

Is the air direction set to windscreen? Is the temperature set to max? If the AC is on turning the fan speed to one would light the AC up. 

have you looked through the manual to see how things work or just assuming it should work like your last car?

• Like 1

Yeah too right. I worked at a vauxhall dealer after working on fords for 14 years. I lasted 4 months. Oh boy they were some unreliable crap compared to ford.We were on first name terms to the aa ,rac, and agency recovery drivers . Soon jumped ship and went to another ford dealer. 

• Like 2

I've had my fair share of unreliable Ford's...but I haven't had a single reliable Vauxhall so far, or any on the family... :laugh:

If you're getting water streaming down the window then something must be damp, if not the boot then one of the footwells or even the sound deadening underneath.

If it's just a light mist then put the heated windscreen on for 30 seconds.  If you bought a Ford without a heated windscreen then you might as well have bought another Vauxhall. :biggrin:

• Like 2

All brands have their issues,unless of course it is Japanese,who do quality & reliability/durability so much better.

• Like 3

I assume you don't see as many complaints about Vauxhall as everyone expects them to be unreliable - no point in complaining about business-as-usual.

If it smells damp then maybe that's affected the electrics. Might be that the pollen filter is clogged up or missing - that could let water in behind the heater matrix.

• Haha 2

It's all a matter of luck to some extent I guess. I did 100k miles in a Cavalier company car, had an Astra Sri for 7 years both without a hitch, conversely another Cavalier (2 years old at the time and very low mileage) was nothing but trouble.

Had no bother with recent Fords over the last 10 years or so, perhaps a 13 year old example with (presumably) several previous owners might not be the best yardstick against which to judge a brand?

• Like 1

You obviously haven't had much experience with different cars and you must have bought a cheap badly looked after car. I started in the motor trade in 1963 and I've worked on many different makes of car ,Vauxhalls have always been far worse than Fords. I personally have owned Fords for the last 50yrs.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:22 PM, Hackney said:

All brands have their issues,unless of course it is Japanese,who do quality & reliability/durability so much better.

That is your opinion.

My experience of using Japanese cars (Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan) for decades is different.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 8:22 PM, Hackney said:

I would tend to agree with you. Ive worked at garages of  Peugeot, Austin rover, Suzuki, Audi,, Peugeot , nissan ,Suzuki again, ford , vauxhall and ford again. I must say that nissan were the best for durability then Suzuki  on my experiences. Just the Japanese  design teams were eating the crayons instead of drawing up better designs. 

So I've been at the sharp end so to speak and seen for my self the issues various makes have had over the years. I know a bag of ***** when I see one. Vauxhall's years ago as Eric has mentioned , were actually ok back in the 1980's. I had 2 cavaliers and 3 Astra's back then and they were better than the Peugeot, rover crap I was working on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 8:22 PM, Hackney said:

I agree, up to a point because even the Japanese brands aren't immune to engineering defects such as Mazda's 2.2 diesel engine and it's infamous stretching timing chains etc.  I do agree though that Japanese brands historically have had less issues that most European based brands.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iantt said:

I would tend to agree with you. Ive worked at garages of  Peugeot, Austin rover, Suzuki, Audi,, Peugeot , nissan ,Suzuki again, ford , vauxhall and ford again. I must say that nissan were the best for durability then Suzuki  on my experiences. Just the Japanese  design teams were eating the crayons instead of drawing up better designs. 

So I've been at the sharp end so to speak and seen for my self the issues various makes have had over the years. I know a bag of ***** when I see one. Vauxhall's years ago as Eric has mentioned , were actually ok back in the 1980's. I had 2 cavaliers and 3 Astra's back then and they were better than the Peugeot, rover crap I was working on. 

We had Vauxhall Astra in Australia(rebadged as Holden)they had a terrible reputation.The last generation that came in around 2016,just before Holden shut down,we’re actually quite good.Toyota is #1 in this country with good reason,ultra reliable,very low depreciation always in high demand.Ford really only survives in this country because of the Ranger(developed,engineered & designed here) It is neck & neck with Hi-lux in sales.Currently outselling Hi-lux by a small margin.Take away Ranger & you have a car company in a really bad way here.Nothing else in there range really sells that way,except maybe Everest.Puma & Focus are dismal in sales,real shame both are very good cars,Escape(Kuga) is a very small seller.Focus has been withdrawn,except for the performance variant.Fiesta went in 2018,nobody wanted them(ST is still brought in).The Powershift debacle also killed any confidence in the Ford brand.Most people in this country tend to purchase the mainstream Japanese & Korean brands,with good reason.Euro stuff is on the nose in this country,expensive to maintain,reliability is so,so.Citroen especially is a terrible seller(why they bother is beyond me) does not have a very good dealer network,if you are out in the country,& need dealer support,forget it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ulenspiegel said:

That is your opinion.

My experience of using Japanese cars (Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan) for decades is different.

Unfortunately,the facts speak differently.I have had close to fifty vehicles since leaving school,majority Fords,all have been pretty good,a few Nissans,Toyota & Mazda,all bulletproof.Build quality on Japanese is very good.Ford?So,so.Currently have a Honda CRV VTEC AWD,just a great car,very well made,typical Honda.Very reliable cars.Very high resale as well.Had a Escape(Kuga)2litre Ecoboost for a short while,great engine,but not a very comfortable car,so much so it got shown the door(the seats gave the wife chronic back ache,absolutely no support in the seats.The Honda? Miles ahead,no comparison.The engine in the Escape was the only redeeming quality of the thing,just great engines.Had a Ford Falcon G6E( top variant) awhile back with a 2litre Ecoboost(Mondeo power plant) but more power & torque (180kw+ & 353nm) just a rocket ship.Just a great car.But then again,nobody wanted them,real shame.Ford do some really good stuff.

5 hours ago, FatHead1979 said:

I agree, up to a point because even the Japanese brands aren't immune to engineering defects such as Mazda's 2.2 diesel engine and it's infamous stretching timing chains etc.  I do agree though that Japanese brands historically have had less issues that most European based brands.

I would not go near a Euro,but that is just my personal op.Many love their Peugeot,Renault etc..But they just do not sell very well.Majority of people avoid them like the plague.The Mazda 2.2 diesel was an issue,which I believe they eventually rectified.Diesels are not really big sellers in this country anyway,all the Utes(Ranger,Hi-lux etc..) are all diesel powered,with a small amount petrol powered.

Your experience differs from mine.

We leave in times when the "Japanese cars are better" view prevails.

It reminds me of the 70as, 80s and 90s when in Central-Eastern Europe THE car was a German vehicle.

Ex cathedra, generalizing statements of such nature rarely reflect reality.

The trouble is , there are other factors to take into consideration like the type of person who buys certain models. Less well off people will maintain their cars less than well off people who buy different brands so Vauxhalls and Ford probably are not as well maintained as Mercedes and Audi plus Vauxhall and Fords will probably get rougher use. Cars change I remember in the '60's Honda and Datsun were as bad as Lada and Moskvich as were Skoda, all disgusting cars back in the day.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, billyboy said:

The trouble is , there are other factors to take into consideration like the type of person who buys certain models. Less well off people will maintain their cars less than well off people who buy different brands so Vauxhalls and Ford probably are not as well maintained as Mercedes and Audi plus Vauxhall and Fords will probably get rougher use. Cars change I remember in the '60's Honda and Datsun were as bad as Lada and Moskvich as were Skoda, all disgusting cars back in the day.

A lot of people do not ‘maintain’ their vehicles very well,unfortunately they walk among us as far as safety maintenance on their vehicles.But to make a statement that people who purchase ‘GM OR Ford’  products that are not as well maintained  rather than MB/Audi products is actually quite a ludicrous statement,there are a lot of Euro’s getting around which are not that well maintained.Early Japanese vehicles were not that good,but you have to remember they were in their infancy in development.Look @ we’re they are now,Toyota is the #2 brand in the world.Japanese vehicles are exceptionally good these days,very,very reliable.VW I would not go near.Nothing but issues with them,ie:Transmission issues.They we’re terrible here in looking after customers in this country.As you know there has been legal action taken against the company.Quite a toxic brand.

On 11/11/2021 at 6:26 PM, Luke4efc said:

Yeah was a lemon for buying a ford 😂😂

On 11/13/2021 at 6:59 AM, billyboy said:

You obviously haven't had much experience with different cars and you must have bought a cheap badly looked after car. I started in the motor trade in 1963 and I've worked on many different makes of car ,Vauxhalls have always been far worse than Fords. I personally have owned Fords for the last 50yrs.

No mate full history 20 years in cars German and Vauxhall never had fords and won’t be having anymore lol 

On 11/11/2021 at 6:46 PM, iantt said:

Yeah too right. I worked at a vauxhall dealer after working on fords for 14 years. I lasted 4 months. Oh boy they were some unreliable crap compared to ford.We were on first name terms to the aa ,rac, and agency recovery drivers . Soon jumped ship and went to another ford dealer. 

I work in and Have worked in main dealers last 20 years and would never work for a main ford dealer such bad rep here lol 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Russell1487 said:

I work in and Have worked in main dealers last 20 years and would never work for a main ford dealer such bad rep here lol 

As that is the case , why you tatting around in an old MK2 focus? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

As that is the case , why you tatting around in an old MK2 focus? 

Yes,indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarksST said:

So is there a problem with the HVAC system or not?

Looks to be working fine from what I can see. Loads of people blowing hot and cold 🤣

• Haha 3