Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More power

matt_jetson

I have a 2006 1.2 style.

what can I do to get the most out of it power & handling?

also any aftermarket styling recommended?

thanks

Honestly? Nothing much. A search on here will find you thread after thread of people asking what they can do to improve their old 1.25, and the answer is usually, 'don't bother'.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BlueMike2021 said:

don't bother'.

Have to agree. Make sure tyres, brakes, suspension etc are in good order and put your cash towards your next car.

Drop a 1.6 in there lol. On a serious note don’t waste your money 

On 11/15/2021 at 9:41 PM, matt_jetson said:

I have a 2006 1.2 style.

what can I do to get the most out of it power & handling?

also any aftermarket styling recommended?

thanks

Even the 2.0 ST wasn't very good in these TBH. I know, I had two.

The 1.25 is notorious for making seriously little power! It just wasn't meant to get a move on. The 1.0 if you keep it looked after is fine for making progress. 

As above, the only sensible advice is change the car.

We have a 1.25 Zetec 2009 in the family. It's our Son's first car and will be handed down to his siblings. I have an ST and they are night and day in everything except boot space. That, funnily enough is just the same!

• Like 1

Push it off a cliff and get 0 to 60 mph in 2.74 seconds !! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marky146 said:

The 1.25 is notorious for making seriously little power! It just wasn't meant to get a move on. 

Its interesting to reflect that the original XR2 which we thought was quite nippy then, only had 83ps - 1 more than the 1.25. I suppose the problem is, that like many of us, the Fiesta has put on (ahem!) a little weight over the years. 

My Mrs had a Mk 7 1.25 for some years and I used to quite enjoy driving it tbh. It would be a good car for a new driver to learn about optimising gearchanges, keeping up momentum, carrying speed through corners, anticipation etc.

• Like 1

Absolutely Eric,

I learned to ride on a 2 stroke 125cc bike and had the same learning experience. When I got my RVF400 it was a revelation to have a bike with midrange pull.....

The XR2 was a delight to drive! Nippy, buzzy and like a go-kart to steer. All on 13" wheels too. 185/60/13" with an HR rating if I remember. I used to sell them and at one stage one in five Fiesta Mk2s sold was an XR2. I'd have one now if I could afford a tidy one.

• Like 1

think we would quite happily have a car from our youth again. would love to have a mk2 vauxhall cavalier 1.8 sri again. again only 115hp but it did feel quicker than the modern cars with same hp. never had a major  problem with it in  120k miles . 

but back to the 1.25, my daughter has one and shes happy with it. i find it underpowered and only fix to that is change the car as already mentioned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marky146 said:

When I got my RVF400 it was a revelation to have a bike with midrange pull.....

Going off topic a bit as usual - don't think that was officially sold here iirc so presume you had a grey import? Rode a VFR 400 a few times when the biking fraternity from work used to do race school days at Cadwell, etc - sort of unofficial "team building day" but more fun than the usual stuff! 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

think we would quite happily have a car from our youth again. would love to have a mk2 vauxhall cavalier 1.8 sri again. again only 115hp but it did feel quicker than the modern cars with same hp. 

Ditto. I wouldn't mind having the youth again, either!😀

• Like 2

Yes, the RVF400 was always a Grey import. Fantastic bike. I had three of them, wish I had one now but they've skyrocketed in value. 

Luckily I have a low mileage example of it's daddy, the RVF750 tucked away. Believe it or not, the 400 is more fun to ride than the 750. It's in a Museum now, mostly for safe keeping.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club