Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Oil change app update

Alex.S

I got an alert on my iPhone app “10% oil life” . So booked in today , oil changed , the in car info has been updated to 100% but the app (I’ll attach a screenshot, the receptionist said it’d update itself. It hasn’t. Anyone else had this ? A minor detail but must be a way to clear it…

5F67797D-A9D1-405D-BD1D-4B0C3A1A11EB.png

That’s the app ‘caught up’ .. 3 hours after. 

Not showing my fuel level now 🙄 

I’ve circled in red an icon I never spotted before, not sure if it means it’s ‘talking’ to the car or trying to. 🤷‍♂️

47768867-B9C5-4F76-A8B4-26BEF316A3C1.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Not showing my fuel level now 🙄 

I’ve circled in red an icon I never spotted before, not sure if it means it’s ‘talking’ to the car or trying to. 🤷‍♂️

47768867-B9C5-4F76-A8B4-26BEF316A3C1.jpeg

Just had a look on the app and ours isn't showing the oil life tab at all. It was next to the tyre pressure tab which is still there.

We noticed some anomalies yesterday when we put £30 of fuel in and the app only went up by 90 miles in distance. 

There has been some changes recently on the app. service schedule and other bits n Bob's have appeared.

Screenshot_20211116-135630_FordPass.thumb.jpg.bcbd91a2bd861f30d608768998adcef3.jpg

It’s as if it’s constantly evolving but not really getting anywhere ! 

16 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

It’s as if it’s constantly evolving but not really getting anywhere ! 

Pretty much sums Ford up atm 😄

Ford have got the full NHS app team working on it now. Expect to be pinged to say your neighbors car needs a service 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Talking Apps , had 1st service at 17,000 miles almost a year ago.  Never appeared on app but stamped in book

. In for oil change yesterday , they’ve got mixed up , someone’s thought it’s a 2 year service (which has appeared on app!!) but stamped as service in my book! They’ve got the odometer reading wrong 😑 20,594 when it was really 28,594! 

Confused? Me too. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

They’ve got the odometer reading wrong 😑 20,594 when it was really 28,594! 

Make sure they correct the error on the National Mileage Register, otherwise come the day you come to sell the car it will be flagged up as a mileage anomaly. It happened to me with a Vauxhall Vetra, and it caused major problems.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Make they correct the error on the National Mileage Register, otherwise come the day you come to sell the car it will be flagged up as a mileage anomaly. It happened to me with a Vauxhall Vetra, and it caused major problems.

I don’t own the car. It’s motability. U think I should contact them? 
I’m going to check the book stamp just now..

I think it would be worth checking with NMR as to it's mileage history. Mobility could think you have clocked the car. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, unofix said:

I think it would be worth checking with NMR as to it's mileage history. Mobility could think you have clocked the car. 

I googled NMR it’s wanting a reference number. Will it have my mileage on it? As it’s never had an mot 🤔 

Any time a car goes to a main garage, dealership, has new tyres, or MOT the mileage is supposed to be sent to the NMR. By the time the car is 3 years old and ready for it's first MOT there will already be a number of recorded mileages on file. If you buy a car and do an HPI check it can provide information on the cars mileage and say if it thinks that there maybe a concern.

Ford main dealer messed up the mileage on both first service & MOT on a Mk3 Focus I bought.  So the following MOT's were a lower mileage. :rolleyes:

Before I bought it, they replaced the service book to correct the error, but lost the older services & PDI by not putting those in.  The MOT history remained looking dodgy.  I never did get anywhere trying to get proof of the previous services as I couldn't find the supplying dealer.

It's never caused any problems that I know of but I did have to explain it to the buyer when I sold it.  I've had it happened on tyres/tracking etc at indy's before but I thought MDs might have been more careful! 

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ve emailed the FordPass people incase they can sort it (long shot) . If not it’s back to the dealership. At least the book is correct. I’ve contacted motability..waiting for a reply. Pain in the a*se tbh ..

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club