Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front lights

Crtp

Hi I am the owner of a Mondeo MK5 with standard H7 bulbs on night time the lights are very poor and not deep enough I was thinking to upgrade to led lights bulbs by Canbus 12000 lm low beam 6000 k or buy Ring O 200% brightness.

I am scared that if I buy the Canbus it will deform the headlight itself.

Thanks for your help

Hey, the H7 halogens are absolutely shocking. Most people replace them with LED upgraded lamps, and there is no issue with heat or housing failure - provided you buy decent ones. 

CANbus is simply the cars own electrical system, it monitors the current draw and if it senses an issue then it throws up an error light on the dash that there is a bulb out (simplified explanation). The LEDs you replace the halogens with needs to be CANbus compatible, basically it has a built in resistor that fools the system into thinking the LED is drawing more power than it is. 

Are you aware that the front bumper needs to be removed to replace the lamps? Worst design I've ever seen, so if you are doing 1 set of lamps then you are best doing them all. So w5w sidelights, H7 dipped beam, H15 high beam/DRL and H11 fog lamps. 

I admin a Mk5 Mondeo FB page, we have a member who owns an automotive lighting company who has supplied the majority of our members that do upgrades. You are more than welcome to join and see if we can help.

Jon

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/?ref=share

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Are you aware that the front bumper needs to be removed to replace the lamps? Worst design I've ever seen...

Years ago my neighbour asked me if I could help him replace a headlamp bulb, as he knew I was 'in to' cars - he wasn't. I spent an age trying to work out how to do it, and I failed. He then took it to a main dealer for replacement where he found out that the whole bumper needed removal for proper access. From memory, it was an old Audi 100? Cr*p car design has been around for ages LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Hey, the H7 halogens are absolutely shocking. Most people replace them with LED upgraded lamps, and there is no issue with heat or housing failure - provided you buy decent ones. 

CANbus is simply the cars own electrical system, it monitors the current draw and if it senses an issue then it throws up an error light on the dash that there is a bulb out (simplified explanation). The LEDs you replace the halogens with needs to be CANbus compatible, basically it has a built in resistor that fools the system into thinking the LED is drawing more power than it is. 

Are you aware that the front bumper needs to be removed to replace the lamps? Worst design I've ever seen, so if you are doing 1 set of lamps then you are best doing them all. So w5w sidelights, H7 dipped beam, H15 high beam/DRL and H11 fog lamps. 

I admin a Mk5 Mondeo FB page, we have a member who owns an automotive lighting company who has supplied the majority of our members that do upgrades. You are more than welcome to join and see if we can help.

Jon

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/?ref=share

Hi Jon Thanks for your prompt reply so I will buy H7 Led with Canbus and all the rest that you mentioned need to have Canbus am I right? I know that I need to dismantle the whole thing I saw two videos about it. In one you need remove the whole bumper small bottom cover as well, the second was showing remove the clips ( arch wheel bottom clips) and pull the bumper but I think if I use the second method I will deform the bumper in the end is made of plastic.

And thanks for the link I am already a member 2wks but I didn't think to ask there!

Thanks again 

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Years ago my neighbour asked me if I could help him replace a headlamp bulb, as he knew I was 'in to' cars - he wasn't. I spent an age trying to work out how to do it, and I failed. He then took it to a main dealer for replacement where he found out that the whole bumper needed removal for proper access. From memory, it was an old Audi 100? Cr*p car design has been around for ages LOL

Hi Stephen I owned several Volvos from 1997 to now you need just to pull a long pin from the back of the headlight and pull towards yourself and the full headlight is all out.

I saw some new Peugeot are like the Ford there is a first for everything!

Thanks again

2 minutes ago, Crtp said:

Hi Stephen I owned several Volvos from 1997 to now you need just to pull a long pin from the back of the headlight and pull towards yourself and the full headlight is all out.

To be fair, my Mk2 Focus for headlamp removal just needs one bolt removed and a plastic clip depressed and they're out. Though, they did screw up how to open the bonnet in the first place LOL

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club