Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater not working

Miltzjr

Hi all, 

Today I replaced one of the coolant hoses on my ST150 (2006) since it had a slight split and would leak coolant. The new hose is on and coolant is obviously flowing through it (gets hot). After I replaced it, put fresh coolant in, my heater now does not work.

Tomorrow morning I am going to have a quick check over to make sure I didn’t knock anything or unplug anything in order to get better room, I honestly don’t remember much, it was a painful experience. 

for context, the hose I was replacing is the one that runs next to the power steering line at the front of the engine. Where the oil filter housing is, the hose closest to the front of the car that connects to the T-junction. 

The car has ran perfect (apart from no heat in cabin), the coolant temp level was perfect (thermostat recently replaced).

i was going to see if it had thrown anything up on my scanner, but the scanner didn’t seem to want to connect, so I can’t give any information regarding that aspect.

Not sure what could have happened and I am interested for any suggestions that I can check out, especially as it is now freezing outside and I tend to do a lot of night driving, I don’t mind too much since I have the window down 99% of the time but the missus will not be very happy lol.

5 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

It's probably just an air lock in the heater matrix. Put the heater on full wack and hold the engine revs at around 3000 rpm for a few seconds. It should "burp" out as the water pump will spin faster.

Okay, will give this a try.

18 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

It's probably just an air lock in the heater matrix. Put the heater on full wack and hold the engine revs at around 3000 rpm for a few seconds. It should "burp" out as the water pump will spin faster.

This worked. I drove for about an hour and a half and the heat is now working as per it should. Thank you 😃