Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ghost immobiliser

Bobr

On 12/23/2021 at 2:55 PM, StephenFord said:

Don't feel bad, he doesn't get out much 🤣

You don't come from London then.

They didn't come to fit it as it was chucking it down with rain.   I'm going to them tomorrow to have it fitted.

Are these the immobilisers you have to put a code in via the existing buttons and switches to start the car? Or do you have to have a keypad fitted somewhere?

I have heard that similar immobilisers do stop theft but potential thieves still break into the car and when they can't start it, not knowing it has an immobiliser fitted, they do untold damage inside to wiper stalks, touchscreens etc etc before leaving, still causing a huge insurance claim.

If these are fitted to a new car less than 3 years old, are they warranty friendly as I believe they may be patched into the Can system but don't know for sure.

Our son was looking at something similar a while back maybe the same make for his Merc but decided against it for some reason, possibly warranty problems.

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Are these the immobilisers you have to put a code in via the existing buttons and switches to start the car? Or do you have to have a keypad fitted somewhere?

Buttons, so if you have an older car with no steering wheel buttons, you'll have to get another solution LOL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Buttons, so if you have an older car with no steering wheel buttons, you'll have to get another solution LOL

Plenty of other immobilisers available that are cheaper and thatcham approved.

• Like 1

Well it's fitted 

. Took just under 2 hours but I was very well looked after.   It's an amazing system and there's no way that this car will be stolen now.

17 minutes ago, Bobr said:

... there's no way that this car will be stolen now.

Well, there's a challenge if ever I heard one 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Well it's fitted 

. Took just under 2 hours but I was very well looked after.   It's an amazing system and there's no way that this car will be stolen now.

Won't stop the car being lifted on to a lorry.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MarkRS9 said:

Won't stop the car being lifted on to a lorry.

I always park it, as advised by the police, with wheels on full lock.   Might be difficult to get onto a lorry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Might be difficult to get onto a lorry.

Really?? LOL

1483674293_lorrylift.thumb.jpg.b5bfa202443192e8f095f2a4e9fce79b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Really?? LOL

You have a really good imagination.

Never tempt fate...

If they want something, eventually they will get it.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:56 PM, Bobr said:

Well it's fitted 

Don’t be complacent..any car can be taken 

Yes you have extra security with ghost immobiliser , but it they want it , they will get it ..

using  a disklok for visual deterrent…plus additional immobiliser / alarm ..and more importantly, disable the OBD , park in well lit areas , that’s about all you can do 

1 hour ago, Jo100001 said:

Don’t be complacent..any car can be taken 

Yes you have extra security with ghost immobiliser , but it they want it , they will get it ..

using  a disklok for visual deterrent…plus additional immobiliser / alarm ..and more importantly, disable the OBD , park in well lit areas , that’s about all you can do 

Crikey, what absolute wonderful advice - if only others had stated the exact same - oh, wait a minute.. LOL 🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Crikey, what absolute wonderful advice - if only others had stated the exact same - oh, wait a minute.. LOL 🤣

I’m only going on my experience of having my car stolen …

can’t see what is funny ! 

• Like 1

I had Fusions in the past and now I have an Ecosport and no one has ever tried to steal them, I wonder why.

2 hours ago, Jo100001 said:

I’m only going on my experience of having my car stolen …

can’t see what is funny ! 

mmm... lock down getting to you? 🤣

21 hours ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... lock down getting to you? 🤣

Never been in lockdown … worked all the way thru it … ! 

• Haha 1

A warning.   If you do have a Ghost II immobiliser fitted there is a phone app available.   Not sure how it works but you can connect your phone to the immobiliser by bluetooth.   Once that's done you can start the car without putting the code in so long as you have the phone with you.   I was considering doing this but wondered if the car would connect to the phone if the phone was in the house.   IT DID.   Needless to say, I won't be using that system.

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

A warning...

I Googled for ages to see if there was an App for my DiskLok, there isn't, so I have to actually get in the car, and use an old fashioned security key to get me going - so annoying 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

and use an old fashioned security key to get me going

if you loose the key this guy will help you out ...... he normally opens them in less than a minute

https://www.youtube.com/c/lockpickinglawyer/search?query=vehicle steering lock

7 minutes ago, unofix said:

if you loose the key this guy will help you out ...... he normally opens them in less than a minute

https://www.youtube.com/c/lockpickinglawyer/search?query=vehicle steering lock

Interesting to note that from the almost 50 showcased locks he breaks in to, 'DiskLok' isn't one of them...

• Like 1

I don't think they get DiskLok in America, just think of the postage they weigh a ton 🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club