Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash cam

Spence33

I've had a dash cam fitted in my focus and hardwired ,I've set it to 24 hrs in park guard ,now I've noticed the door lock light has now come on , anyone know if this normal or correct ? Many thanks 

51 minutes ago, Spence33 said:

normal or correct ? Many thanks 

fair to say it's not normal and therefore not correct. Was this a Halfords install ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spence33 said:

I've had a dash cam fitted in my focus and hardwired ,I've set it to 24 hrs in park guard ,now I've noticed the door lock light has now come on , anyone know if this normal or correct ? Many thanks 

The door lock light should come on when the doors are locked. Is it possible that you are checking on the dash cam park guard mode and have now noticed the door lock light, which has always been on when the doors are locked, but you haven't noticed it before?

Yes ,it was a Halfords fit , I've never noticed the door lock lights come on before , only noticed it when I changed the park guard on the dash cam from 8 hrs to 24 hrs 

By door lock light I guess that you mean the little orange light on the door lock button near the bottom of the radio. I know that this light comes on when you lock the doors from outside but most people never notice it because they don't look back inside the car after locking it. I can't remember if that light only stays on for a short time or if it stays on permanently while the doors are locked.

I can't see how a dashcam install should affect it unless they have messed it up completely and are keeping the can bus system awake.

4 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

By door lock light I guess that you mean the little orange light on the door lock button near the bottom of the radio. I know that this light comes on when you lock the doors from outside but most people never notice it because they don't look back inside the car after locking it. I can't remember if that light only stays on for a short time or if it stays on permanently while the doors are locked.

I can't see how a dashcam install should affect it unless they have messed it up completely and are keeping the can bus system awake.

Yes u r right thanks , I've never noticed it before and it does go off after a while , so all's good ,thanks for the replies ,much appreciated

• Like 1