Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miss Fire

david raptor

i have a ford focus 2007 16 has a miss fire only when the rph is at 200 and it is pinking it been in the garage 3 times now its had 1 coil pack new plugs and leads .i had the car back fraday and told me they had fixed my car so went for a drve 2 miles later the pinking was back and the miss fire .any ideas plz

i have a ford focus 2007 16 has a miss fire only when the rph is at 200 and it is pinking it been in the garage 3 times now its had 1 coil pack new plugs and leads .i had the car back fraday and told me they had fixed my car so went for a drve 2 miles later the pinking was back and the miss fire .any ideas plz

were they ford garages?When an engine pinks, there will be a sudden loss of power and an accompanying noise - a high-pitched pinging rattle rather like a diesel engine on start up Allowing pinking to continue can cause serious damage to the engine very quickly .

The immediate solution to alleviate the problem is to drive more conservatively, completely avoiding hard throttle at low revs

pinking is down to preignition so other than the fuel youre using being poor quality the only other things really are the timing so it could be ecu that needs flashed and reprogrammed if the plugs leads and coil were done were they with genuine ford parts as this can make a big difference.

it needs to be ata ford garage and properly diagnosed or youll knacker that engine if you continue to drive it

it was in fords and they could not find anything :angry:

take it back and tell them you paid good money to have the fault diagnosed and fixed and were told it has been yet the car is still misfiring a sugestion would be if youre using supermarket fuel stop using it and get Shell fuel as poor fuel can cause the pinking

get them to check for air ingress around the pcv systen and valve.

get them to check for air ingress around the pcv systen and valve.

pcv valve and hose needing checked air leaks from rubber hoses poor fuel or ecu needing calibrated dont accept any rubbish take it in and tell them you want the issue foumnd and rectified

the car is runing on Shell fuel and the ecu have been up date and calibrated :( its back in the garage agan

• 1 month later...

well the car as been back to ford 2 more times the car is still the same now ford say that type of engine dose pink

so what a have dose ive parted x it for a new car

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club