Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford mk2 facelift power differences

Mar4ix

Hi folks. 

Quick question. 

Not familiar with most power outputs of mk 2 faclifts, but looking to someond explane what is difference in engine with outputs let say 90hp and 115 hp? Is only software, or there is also involved injector and turbo differences? 

Let say if I have 90 hp engine. What should I do to increase power? 

Ta

What engine ?   Is it 1.6tdci?  I think lower power has fixed vane turbo and higher power has variable vane turbo. I do not know if there are other differences. Or I might be totally wrong.

2 hours ago, Mar4ix said:

but looking to someond explane what is difference in engine with outputs let say 90hp and 115 hp?

The difference is 25hp 😉.

We can't tell you anymore than that without telling us which engine you have.

8 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

The difference is 25hp 😉.

We can't tell you anymore than that without telling us which engine you have.

Sorry...my fault. Should have to specify.. 

Looking to see what differ in engines 1.6 TDCI, to make difference in power output. 90vs115hp.

I am not bad with wag pd engines, Ford is new to me.

10 hours ago, isetta said:

What engine ?   Is it 1.6tdci?  I think lower power has fixed vane turbo and higher power has variable vane turbo. I do not know if there are other differences. Or I might be totally wrong.

I suppose if turbo difference, then should be injector and software difference. 

Wondering if I take from 1.6 TDCI (115 hp) turbo, injectors and ecu and install that into 90 hp engine. Would it consider as 115 hp? 

Thanks.

The 115 HP (8-Valve) version of the 1.6 TDCI was never available on the Focus MK2.5. The 115 HP version was introduced on the Focus MK3.

The Focus MK2/MK2.5 did have the (16-Valve) 90 HP version and 109 HP version of the 1.6 TDCI.

The differences between the 90 HP version and the 109 HP version are:

* Turbocharger.
* Control system of the variable vane system.
* Wiring harness.
* Fuel injectors.
* Engine calibration (Same PCM hardware, different software).
* Throttle plate assembly.
* Air filter assembly.
* oil cooler.
* Intercooler pipes/hoses.
* DPF (depending on emission level and production date).

This is just after a quick comparison. I suspect that a full part by part comparison will result in a lot more differences.

Technically it is completely possible to convert a 90 HP version to a 109 HP version. Financially however it is a different story. Since these vehicles have quite a low value in my opinion it does not really make sense to invest quite some money for the conversion. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The 115 HP (8-Valve) version of the 1.6 TDCI was never available on the Focus MK2.5. The 115 HP version was introduced on the Focus MK3.

The Focus MK2/MK2.5 did have the (16-Valve) 90 HP version and 109 HP version of the 1.6 TDCI.

The differences between the 90 HP version and the 109 HP version are:

* Turbocharger.
* Control system of the variable vane system.
* Wiring harness.
* Fuel injectors.
* Engine calibration (Same PCM hardware, different software).
* Throttle plate assembly.
* Air filter assembly.
* Oil cooler.
* Intercooler pipes/hoses.
* DPF (depending on emission level and production date).

This is just after a quick comparison. I suspect that a full part by part comparison will result in a lot more differences.

Technically it is completely possible to convert a 90 HP version to a 109 HP version. Financially however it is a different story. Since these vehicles have quite a low value in my opinion it does not really make sense to invest quite some money for the conversion. 

Thanks for answer. That what I was thinking about. Obviously tuner would do the magic. Wonder how many hp standart 90 hp engine able take to keep it healthy running.? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, Mar4ix said:

Thanks for answer. That what I was thinking about. Obviously tuner would do the magic. Wonder how many hp standart 90 hp engine able take to keep it healthy running.? 

To be honest, keeping a 1st gen 1.6 TDCi engine running healthily at STOCK settings isn't exactly easy given the infamous issues with excessive carbon build up (resulting a knackered turbo) and a tendency to go through injectors rather more quickly than one might expect.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:53 PM, FatHead1979 said:

To be honest, keeping a 1st gen 1.6 TDCi engine running healthily at STOCK settings isn't exactly easy given the infamous issues with excessive carbon build up (resulting a knackered turbo) and a tendency to go through injectors rather more quickly than one might expect.

Thanks for your answer. 

Wondering what is bad turbo signs. 

My cars turbo is off the car at the moment, I'm replacing /waiting for delivery of new turbo oil feed line(as old ones connectors wobbles and moves up and down), also cleaning up around as it is lot of oil/carbon deposits.

There is very little turbo shaft moving..  Can't make even video with as it is barely noticeable, but what make me curious, Does valve inside suppose to be open or closed position? As mine is slightly open.. 

Also after  got car, I've noticed good bit oil build up around turbo air intake(air filter side), after removing pipe, there was a lot of oil/carbon deposits(no oil in intercooler, reasonably clean no dripping oil from it) , as per other members, that's normal due engine wear and design of engine breathing pipe, advised to do oil catch can to reduce oil get into intake, or regularly clean up. (Attaching picture)

Meantime I am considering engine flush and egr block.

CC19DB68-6FB1-4A82-A73D-D8F90BF7F261.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club